• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lopsided bag, help me

Farmdog

the 'Traveling Can' started here
Reaction score
Can anyone tell where I've gone wrong with this airbag? I can't seem to get it to sit properly. It may be I've use the wrong holes in the upper bracket, I didn't think the instructions were quite specific enough. I may not have it allaigned properly, but i've tried several times. This can't be right, the other one looks great. This is the driver's side, btw.

Attachments

• SSCN0392.JPG
    SSCN0392.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SSCN0393.JPG
    SSCN0393.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 49
  • SSCN0394.JPG
    SSCN0394.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 23
I had the same problem with one of mine.
I had to widen the holes in the upper bracket and mount the u-bolt off to one side to get mine straight. Passenger side for me.

I read the title and thought y'all were talking about something else entirely...

...came in here prepared to moderate your posts and send you warnings... oh...Lopsided AIRbag.:eek:

Carry on, gents!

Weird, my driver side springs are more compressed when the truck's empty than the passenger side ones. Was able to almost fit a piece of garden hose in between the pass side leaf and helper; had to microwave and shove on the driver side. Difference of about 1/2". Wonder if the fuel tank has anything to do with it.

Either way, that'd probably just compress the bag as a whole, not just one side of it...

attachment.php

The problem is you have stock shocks still on your truck. Bilstein's will fix it....:thumbsup:

Just kidding...:sifone:

You need to move the axle bracket over alittle more to line it up.

Here is mine:
attachment.php

Let me know if that works .. I looked at the top frame bracket and that is right:thumbsup: Thats where people tend to use the wrong hole and it doesn't line up.

The problem is you have stock shocks still on your truck. Bilstein's will fix it....:thumbsup:

Gee, know where I could find some?

I try moving the lower bracket again. I've tried a couple different adjustments with the brackets. I must just not have found the right balance. That or I'll just drive to Cali and have you line it up.

Thanks

Gee, know where I could find some?

I try moving the lower bracket again. I've tried a couple different adjustments with the brackets. I must just not have found the right balance. That or I'll just drive to Cali and have you line it up.

Thanks

haha...

Let me know what happens on the bracket lining up.

Back