• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking to upgrade factory radio

FireMedicJO

Reaction score
No threads in here, so I figured in break in this forum. Looking to upgrade to a reasonably priced single or double din CD/MP3/AM/FM player that is iPOD compatible (or at least only having to get a cable). Not looking for DVD, nav (already have GPS) or all kinds of crazy bells and whistled. I have been somewhat partial to Pioneer in the past, but I am open to other brands. I am, however, anal about everything being the same brand and uniform, so I do want a brand that makes decent quality speakers as well to upgrade from the crummy stockers (not Bose). Doesn't have to be new either, if ya got it for sale let me know.

If your truck is an LT3 (Bose radio) I would do the Lux Nav TNR w/6CDX swap. Its pretty simple to do and the best part is that it looks stock because it is stock on denalis and escalades.

I love mine, though it lacks a few features I like how clean it is. Now with a few taps I can watch movies and have HD radio with my iPod as well.

I heard the factory upgrade makes a huge difference...

i know champion transmission has a nice set up in his truck im not sure exactly what he did though

I heard the factory upgrade makes a huge difference...

A world of difference.

As long as your not after loudness Its nice. Its like having a bose surround sound system in your truck.

I did mine for under $1,000 and it took me about 14 total hours, again because Im anal about my wiring.

If your truck is an LT3 (Bose radio) I would do the Lux Nav TNR w/6CDX swap. Its pretty simple to do and the best part is that it looks stock because it is stock on denalis and escalades.

I love mine, though it lacks a few features I like how clean it is. Now with a few taps I can watch movies and have HD radio with my iPod as well.

Where would I get this?? I have an Alpine IVA-W200 now but would really like the factory stle instead.

Ebay is the best place to buy them.

Remember that the TNR is the one you want if you want the touchscreen. INR is not touchscreen.

And when your buying one try to find one with the newest NAV DVD possible. Mine is from 04 so its missing half of the bypasses in my area. These costr anywhere from $400-$1,000 for a new one.

You also need a Luxury amp. These can be had for under $300

The total cost for all of the parts at the dealership is over $2,500.

One last thing if your head unit doesnt come with the GPS antenna youll need to get one. These are $60 from GM parts direct.

The best thing is how stock it looks. Ill admit it can be a pretty boring head unit, but it looks factory. And when you start it up it says GMC SOund By Bose. Which is cool. Or if you have a chevy it shows the bowtie.

And the Navigation girl sounds pretty hot.

There is a DIY writeup over on that other place for the install if you do it before I get time to write up mine.

Back