• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking to make the switch to Amsoil

Lazydog

Recruit
Reaction score
As the title say I'm looking to make the switch to Amsoil.

My truck doesn't have an owners manual. :(

I would like to know how much oil I need to buy for the 6.6 diesel?
I already plan on buying their filter also.

Plan on doing everything else also, trans and diff., but that will be done once I install a Trango jr kit.

What else should I be looking to get for my 2500HD?

Thnx!

Do it all with synthetics. I personally do not use Amsoil but I respect it. I have some friends that swear by it. It will definatly be better than conventional oil. While yer at it put a bypass filter on it and get the full benifit out of the high grade oil. I run one and love it!!

You posted this in the Allison forum, so I am assuming that you are looking for the capacity of your stock Allison transmission for a complete fluid change. That would be 12.7 quarts.

If you are asking about engine oil, I use 10 quarts per oil change.

Bud

Do it all with synthetics. I personally do not use Amsoil but I respect it. I have some friends that swear by it. It will definatly be better than conventional oil. While yer at it put a bypass filter on it and get the full benifit out of the high grade oil. I run one and love it!!

Wouldn't the Amsoil filter do the same thing? I plan on buying that also.

Thnx everyone for the feed back. Now to find a good and cheap supplier.

The full flow filter is different from the bypass filter. The bypass filter is a 1 or 2 micron. I'm not sure with Amsoil. The full flow is usually a a 30 to 40 micron (I think) filter. engine wear ocorrs with particles from like 5 to 20 microns. Definately a great investment.

Back