• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

looking to buy a travel trailer, any brands to avoid?

I've never heard of age limits when it comes to camping, what a bunch of snobs.

My niece lived in a neighborhood in Calgary where the vehicles had to be newer than 10 years. Lucky for me the snob police didn't drive by.

Being in the NW I have found three types of "camping". State/BLM land camping. Privately owned grounds. And private grounds club members. I used to do the State/BLM type all the time. Most cases it's free(drive in for miles and find a logging landing or primitive grounds) or small fee. Other times it was at our home grounds with RPI membership. Now RPI is spendy($5-8k two years ago) and they don't care of age as long as you have paid your dues. I tended to leave the snob grounds to the travelers for the obvious reasons. When we had to use the local roadside grounds is when it all came to light. Now that we are in house, we can go back to finding the free or low cost version of camping. I hope.

Someone had asked in a post about where to get skin for RV's. Well it turns out the manufactured for what looks to be dang near all of the composite fiberglass poly panels the RV mfg's use is here near Lynchburg VA. :thumbsup: Its made by Azdel, distributed by Robert Weed Plywood Corp. of Elkhart, Ind. That should get a lead on finding where to buy it retail.

Ours is a 2009 Palamino Sabre by Forest River, bought it used got a good deal on it, It has a aluminum frame, Had a little issue with the water tank it got fixed, Its a really nice RV lots of upgrades we love it, its our first 5th wheel and its the only way to go really

Elkhart is the rv manufacturing Capitol of NA, so that's no surprise....Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed.
Your local sign shop may be able / willing to order the stuff for you. Maybe the local RV shop if they are DIY friendly. A friend of mine had the local sign shop order ocuumae and saplelie (sp?) boat building plywood for him, they put it in with their regular shipping so the cost was minimal.
Heck if I had a whole trailer to do, and I have, I would make a trip to Elkheart. I hear tell their are a lot of surplus yards around there that have screaming deals on RV stuff from the surrounding mfg's.

For skin panels can't a guy just look for the RV scrapers in their local area? There was one in Silverton, Oregon that was huge. Like a very large auto wrecking yard. Just a thought if you are looking for just a few panels.

For skin panels can't a guy just look for the RV scrapers in their local area? There was one in Silverton, Oregon that was huge. Like a very large auto wrecking yard. Just a thought if you are looking for just a few panels.

Do you have an address or business name? I'm an incurable scrounger and would be interested in seeing what they have there someday. Nothing I have is safe from the "upgrade or mod" bug.

How's Idaho treating you?

Don

Work has been hard to find and getting worst. So I am inrolled in school. OR unemployment was cut in less than half so we are now broke. Truck has been parked for the last few months because diesel was over $4.40/9 but is coming down now to $4.05/9. :eek:

But the weather has been awsome. We live on the edge of BLM south of Boise. Health is better and arthritis is all but a memory. The air has been so much dryer. Which has alowed me to wash the moss out of the nooks and crannies from the pick up. Yep that white is really white now. So much so that it will blind you on a sunny day if you get close. All I can say is even tho we're broke life is awsome.:thumbsup:

I have lost their addy but they used to post to craigslist. They were out between Silverton and Esticada between grass seed farms and in the trees. They had everything for older RV's. Plus he had some that were rebuilt and good to go. I'll see if I can find them.

Normally a regular roof maintenance is required after every trip because a deep cleaning of the camper will save you from bacteria and other mites to grow in your camper.

To get rid of this maintenance headache, you can apply a sealant RV Roof Magic, it will only need a timely cleaning and once a year maintenance.

Back