• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

looking for the best exhaust.....

LMM DUALLY

Reaction score
so same question. im looking for the best exhaust for my truck peformance wise but also whats gnna make that turbo whistle nice and loud.... let me know if there is such a thing thanx.

Are you wanting to keep your DPF on your truck?

If not, that will also lead you into buy a tuner to delete the codes when the DPF is removed.

mbrp or magnaflow are probably the best brands to buy. but again depends on price, looks, and such. although i agree that deleting the cat can get some good performance gain, depending on where you live emissions laws may be looking for any soot producing vehicle so law enforcement may hassle you. i like the cat delete option but since i live in CA i won't get a cat delete kit. good luck!!!

^^ coming from the guy who doesnt like Gm trucks.

Anyways. If you want turbo whistle but have to keep the DPF forget about it. By the time it goes through that contraption there isnt much left.

However if you are going to delete the DPF Id go with a 5" MBRP, seems like a lot of people are very happy with them.

I myself am too cheap to buy an exhaust and keep rigging up my own.

Youll get some good whistle with that exhaust, or any exhaust that deletes the DPF for that matter. Those VG turbos howl like crazy.

But if its illegal in your state dont do it. Its a big fine.

If you do do it, you will need a tuner that deletes DPF codes.

I like the suspension and so does everybody else as long as they never have to do anything but drive it down the road and rarely use 4wd. Saves a lot of teeth when you hit bumps.

If you cant afford a D Max you cant afford to drive. Well not really. But theres a kid around here that says if you cant afford John Deere you cant afford to farm.

I like the suspension and so does everybody else as long as they never have to do anything but drive it down the road and rarely use 4wd. Saves a lot of teeth when you hit bumps.

If you cant afford a D Max you cant afford to drive. Well not really. But theres a kid around here that says if you cant afford John Deere you cant afford to farm.

I will give you that!!! As a factory setup it rides the smoothest on the road....but offroad and under load you want a SFA....but an aftermarket SAS rides better onroad and dominates offroad, and is great for hauling loads

hauling loads??

I gotta post some pics of our 45,000lb GCW truck and trailer. The 02 Dmax gets this load regularily, and I finally weighed it for the first time the other day.

Not sure what the front end has to do with 2wd towing.

hauling loads??

I gotta post some pics of our 45,000lb GCW truck and trailer. The 02 Dmax gets this load regularily, and I finally weighed it for the first time the other day.

Not sure what the front end has to do with 2wd towing.

Yes look at all the Semi trucks and Kodiak, and F650's with IFS...they are everywhere....now correct me if Im wrong, but aren't they towing in 2wd?

I have said it before....I like GM trucks...I hate the suspension....I'd have one in a heartbeat if it came with a SFA....it was supposed to this year but GM pushed it back again....so if we ever see it, you will see a GM in our fleet, probably a GMC, I love the front ends

ok so delete the dpf.... i heard that by straight piping the dmax it messes up the motor...T or F

ok so delete the dpf.... i heard that by straight piping the dmax it messes up the motor...T or F

False.

I never seem anyone that has seen problems removing the DPF besides engine trouble codes. But, most programmers take care of that. :)

your confusing me dunes runner, you said its better to tow with a SFA and now you just contradicted your statment.

I guess I shouldnt thread jack since I am the...wait..A moderator.

Deleting the DPF will throw codes, but most tuners will take care of that. If your allowed to, Id do it.

not true. deleting the dpf will cause the truck to attempt going into regen. when it does and there is no dpf, it will limp/ throw a bunch of codes at you.

by getting a programmer that solves that, you are tellin your truck to ignore those codes that would be set. i'd also make sure it has the ability to reset egr codes. blockin off your egr is another must, simply due to how much soot will be getting recirculated back into the motor if it isnt. however blockin it will aslo cause the truck throw code(s), this solved by having a programmer capable of blockin those also......

straight piping will also give you a hard-on after you hear the truck opened up under a bridge.... :D they sound damn good when they're straightened out.....

ok cool!! so how do i block the egr? what does that do for power? and what chip will be able to get rid of all these codes?

blocker plate. some of the vendors carry them. try xdp, they may be able to help you out or least get you going in the right direction. it does nothing for power. what it does do is stop dirty exhaust gasses from being recycled back into your intake. those gasses, especially with a tuner, will coat the inside of an intake and stick to the back of the valves. that messes with airflow and also gums up alot of internal moving parts.

efi live is the only one i know of that will permanently disable the egr. quadzilla, ppe and efi live will all take care of the dpf for you though.

something else to think about is a pcv re-route. all that oil blow by is being deposited back into the intake and it too can gum up and dirty the intake pretty quickly. if you ever get on the diesel place, there are a lot of tech and diy for stuff like this.

need more help, let me know.

Back