• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

looking for green silicone carbide stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Reaction score
I have a grinding wheel made of green silicone carbide for a bench grinder to sharpen "green teeth" for a stump grinder...not sure if they make them or not, but I was wondering if they made them for anything more portable like a hand grinder or air tool grinder or something...

Thanks

Paul that is a lapidary grade green wheel. It sheds granules of grit slightly faster than a gray wherl thisvallows the silicone carbide to stay cleaner thereby exposing more sharp silicon carbide edges to grind faster and cleaner. You will probably get it from any lapidary supply. I get mine from Santa Fe jewelry sipply. Yes my nee hobby is rockhoundvand amatuer jeweler!

so they make em' for die grinders, air grinders etc?

just seeing if I can sharpen the teeth while they are still on the stump grinder instead of removing all of them to do so...

Check with Roark Supply. http://www.roarksupply.com/
He has alot of abrasives. Silicon Carbide comes in many grades. It's what I specified years ago to sharpen meat slicing knives my company uses. Don't have any for high speed sharpening though. SC comes in flap wheels too IIRC.

That's why I posted it here in his personal forum...:hihi:

It probably would be better to just call him though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back