• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for CAV pump gasket and o'ring recommendations

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Found problem #2 after I got that back together The IP is leaking at the fuel inlet .On the inside, cast in the aluminum are the numbers 7167 on top and 272 JD2 on the bottom. I tried searching those and got no results.

I have yet to find a parts schematic .

Find a lot of info on these CAV pumps. Just not what I need yet

My Fuel inlet is leaking on my 1975 Ford backhoe. Do you have a part number for that? I haven't found anything in searches.

Is that part rebuildable? Wondering if the stuff to rebuild it comes in the kits as I haven't seen that part for sale yet.

It has the numbers 7167 cast on the top inside and 272 JD2 on the bottom inside

I also need a new gasket which I have seen in all the kits.

My pump looks like this one with the fuel line going where the white plug is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-4600-...882999?hash=item3aaf57ff77:g:7AYAAOSwLVZVxMvA

Have you tried searching the New Holland online parts catalog? You can find your Ford tractor by model number which will give you a list of systems (fuel, hydraulic, etc) that you can click on which then shows you parts schematics with the associated parts' names & numbers. You can also print out the info. You can also search by part number. It took me a bit of searching to find the right pages for my boss' 1979 Ford 545 backhoe. Turns out that model number has several designations based on the year the tractor was manufactured - 545, 545A, 545B, 545C & 545D. He knew about what year it was made so that narrowed it down to the "545". I finally was able to find the Serial, Model, Unit & Engine numbers on the tractor itself. Once I had the part #'s I was able to search for the parts online. Shop around as pricing can vary quite a bit for the same part and shipping costs can vary a lot as well. http://www.newhollandrochester.com/new-holland-parts-lookup/

Thank you. It's definitely a "learn as you go" knowledge. Took me several frustrating hours (lol) to find the info I needed. I'm hoping to save people from the same fate. I was searching fir the schematics under just "Ford" not realizing that that line of equipment had been acquired by New Holland. Once I figured that out it was easier but still frustrating till I found a reference to the New Holland online parts catalog w/schematics. Then I was a happy camper. :)

Got it. Bought a snake light from Menards to see which hole the spring attached to. There are 3 holes and the spring has to go back in the correct hole. The loader arm was in the way to get to things. Snake light was the answer. We've used it several times since. We use the backhoe about 3 days out of 7. I hope it keeps running for a good long time.

Back