• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for advice on pilot and throw out bearings for the 94 K3500 What is the best?

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Looking for advice on pilot and throw out bearings for the 94 K3500 What is the best?

#1. The pilot bearing was toast. What is the best to get and where?

#2. The throw out bearing didn't look to be to high of quality. What is the best and where?

I would just go with the most expensive, but that doesn't always mean the best quality

Surprisingly ADVANCE seems to be carrying LUK clutch parts which are of OEM grade or MUCH better. As for the pilot bushing, I would go back with a high quality roller pilot bearing. You can find a bronze bushing to go back in it, but it will not give you teh same shift quality as a bearing.

Ended up ordering OEM from the dealer.

Is there a good place to find part numbers ?

Since Comp-nine is gone, I have a heck of a time finding GM part numbers to do searches

pilot bearing GM part number 14061685

throw out bearing ACDELCO Part # CT24KVAL {#15613306, 19245400}
BEARING,CLU Release w/GETRAG 5-SPD M/TRANS(MG5) or 5-SPD M/TRANS(MT8)

What was wrong with your OE pilot bearing? Mine had chewed up the needles and gualled pieces onto the snout of the input shaft.

I think .... suspect the seal fails and grit and dust makes a lapping compound of the grease and wears the needles down till one or more might skid or jump the one next to it and then the chewing and gualling occurs.

For a while most recommended the oil impregnated bushing. Dodge guys use the Kevlar bushing with sucess or machining crank to accept a larger roller bearing. We don't have enough room for roller bearing.

Mine with bushing for last 80K milest the transmission shifts ok. I don't know how long my OE pilot bearing was toast. I think the pilot bearing disentigrates and forces the clutch disc hub to hold the input shaft and causes it to fatigue. That is one of the most common clutch failures the disc center comes apart.

Let us know what your new bearing looks like especially the seal. Mine was just a drawn cup needle bearing and seemed pretty light duty.

Just FYI I have a different style I think but I liked the Raybestos internal slave cylinder best.

Anymore I have to actually look at the part and compare GM , AC Delco, and good name brands and pick which one feels best. Its a crap shoot anymore it seems.

jeff, compnine is back.
I just got done confirming that I found an original 1994 GMC C1500 RCLB with the 4.3L Vortec (couldnt confirm that was OEM) but with a factory NV4500. 3.42s in the 10 bolt. sadly they want too much. 97K miles

All I can get there is the decoder. Can you send me a link to check part numbers. I really liked that site

jeff, compnine is back.
I just got done confirming that I found an original 1994 GMC C1500 RCLB with the 4.3L Vortec (couldnt confirm that was OEM) but with a factory NV4500. 3.42s in the 10 bolt. sadly they want too much. 97K miles

Dodge NV4500's are different in the # of synchro's, some of the interal weights, and internal configuration. Similar, but different. Don't be suprised if you go through the tranny and see things that dont match up.

My internet isnt quite up to par for large downloads, been waiting 10 min and still show no progress.

Yep, I have a GM manual on the come. This is certainly a help though. Probably be an even bigger help to somebody with a Dodge

Dodge NV4500's are different in the # of synchro's, some of the interal weights, and internal configuration. Similar, but different. Don't be suprised if you go through the tranny and see things that dont match up.

My internet isnt quite up to par for large downloads, been waiting 10 min and still show no progress.

Back