• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for a performance DB2

WarWagon, when we were discussing the Puff Limiter we were looking at the IP on my truck. He made no mention of any clearance issues but it may be a good question to ask. Sorry I did not do a more in depth investigation- they were busy and we were anxious to get on the road.

Did you give Mel a quick ride to show him how a real diesel runs? Lol

No, but I should have! LOL!

With the snow we limited the show and tell. However they have a customer appreciation day in the summer when you can bring your rig and meet other diesel heads. I figured I would try and go and represent the 6.5 since the pics I saw of past events were mostly Chryslers and Ferds!

I would be curious to see what it puts down on a dyno with the Bull Moose/ATT setup

Well I have hoping to get my 69 c10 on the rollers again- the motor that is in it came out of my 69 Nova I sold awhile back. When it was in the Nova I had some issues with valve float at 5500, the dizzy was weazin' (a stock point unit with a Petronix), and I accidentally left the brown (heavy) spring in the Holley. She still put down 261 uncorrected at the tires on a green rebuild (less than 800 miles). I have fixed these issues and the motor is now two years old with some miles (close to 5 or 6k)- the rings were not even fully seated when I made the runs! Been wondering were this little small block will be- suspect 280 or so. I have the soft rev limiter in the Petronix 3 dizzy set at 6200 and she pulls strong to the rev limiter. If I can find the time maybe the wife can drive the 69 and I can take T- the dyno guy has never run a diesel, should be a fun time!

Good to hear a company is willing to put out 6.5 performance Mechanical IP's. Wish I would have been around for that, nostalgia and all. Good on ya to equip it. Best wishes on the dyno. I did keep the motor mounts/rolling chassis for the 6.5 Camaro just in case I get the itch. Three year old girl and full time owner/operator, who am I kidding. Love the thread and hearing about your experiences.

Back