• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for a CAI Beta Tester (FREEBIE!)

Wrecker

The Oil Geek
Reaction score
I am looking into a test project.

Is there anyone planning on a set of dyno runs this year that has a non-Amsoil/Injen CAI that would be interested in substituting one of my EAAU filters on their current setup for before and after testing?

I'd like to be able to quantify performance gains between another company's filter media and the Amsoil Nanofiber filters, apples to apples.

This would be the perfect opportunity for someone with a wet gauze filter to upgrade to a nanofiber dry filter, I would ask that the tester take some pics and post dyno slips, as well as conscientious hand calculated mpg results over a statistically significant sample period.

Let me know if anyone is interested.:thumbsup:

I know there will be a lot of diesel guys going to Estes on May 17th to run their trucks on the 1/4 mile.

I'll have to check with my scheduling supervisor and see what's on the agenda. Where the heck is Estes?

Edit: Ah, it's Esta. I'll look into it.

Edit: Looks like it's close to my buddy's house, could be very cool.

Last edited:
My buddies dyno shop will be up and running by the end of this month, I would be willing to try this.

Hey

Would my truck be in the running with a Stock filter and stock filter box? And would you want to run with stock tune or something else? It would be interesting to say the least.

Get ahold of GMCLBZ, if hes not willing, I know of another max thats down to throw down some numbers. UPSTATEBOMBERS.COM. is our forum. GMCLBZ is the owner of Upstate Diesel Performance, his name I Jim Latta, and has a max that seems to make power. Im sure he would be willing to help. Bombers is a local forum for the Upstate NY are, but we have few PA, Jersey, and Ohio members.

Wrecker, I run a Amsoil EAAU on my AFE intake. Been like that since March and works great. I can hear the turbo just a little more without the oiled filter and it seems my smoke has cleared just a tad at WOT. Once I get my turbo from Mark at Danville, we will really test this setup out.

I cleaned the intake, intake/turbo housing and the MAF at the time of EAAU install. To date both are 100 times cleaner than with the oiled filter. The EAAU is a larger filter than AFE's so it holds more dirt and bugs, which it has alot of both right now, but seems to perform the same now with 8K miles as it did with it being right out of the box.

No real seat of the pants dyno differance in the truck, but I the larger filter with dual cone on mine. Its a tad long, but fits with a bit of inginuity.

Back