• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

looking at a dmax

john65td

Addicted to boost
Reaction score
the truck is a 04 2500hd ext cab 40,xxx miles. it had a interior fire so it needs gutted and redone im going friday to look at the extent of the damage it was totaled out by insurance company the owner bought back to redo then it sat for 3 years and they want rid of it. what would you guys pay and is it worth the time and head ache??

Make your first offer a low ball, like $2K or less. You know insurance companies sell those things for nothing.

It may end up a really great deal. What would it be worth if it was in good shape? And how much do you figure it will cost to fix it? Is it a 4X4?

I would steer clear of any fire damaged vehicle. Assuming the wiring is all burnt, it'd be a massive headache to bring it back to drivable or even runnable standards.

I'm sure you know this but these are very electronically controlled engines and dont have hardly anything in common with a 6.5 in that department. The electronics are the heart and soul. Without that, you have a 1000lb engine thats nothing more than a paper weight.

I would steer clear of any fire damaged vehicle. Assuming the wiring is all burnt, it'd be a massive headache to bring it back to drivable or even runnable standards.

I'm sure you know this but these are very electronically controlled engines and dont have hardly anything in common with a 6.5 in that department. The electronics are the heart and soul. Without that, you have a 1000lb engine thats nothing more than a paper weight.

Inside fires means you'll need donor truck. And hopefully match back piece by piece! It would be a job. But, as long as the engine compartment is ok, I wouldn't be to hesitant to it. A matching donor truck will help a lot.

I was fixing some wires on my ECM today and was thinking, the man(engineer, plant worker) that wired this truck has a hell'of a brain! :D

justa update the truck was really a 2002 and burnt alot worse than he said. it would of needed a complete interior, front clip, the whole engine compartment. it got hot! even the turbo statred to melt! and he wanted 3500!. and wouldn't budge on the price. so its a no go. i'll just keep looking

Back