• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking at 05 LLY

searstractorfan

Reaction score
Im looking at an SLE 05 LLY....Its got about 103K miles, seems to sound like it runs good, its dirty(used to haul livestock trailer)...What are the problems I need to look for? Im gonna make the dealer run a check to see if the injectors or anything have been replaced under warranty...Im not a fan of the old 5spd trans but do they have problems? Thanks

Some LLYs, in hot climates were plagued by overheating but not all of them. I'd guess that if they were hauling livestock, overheating wasn't a problem. LLYs had an issue with a short in the injector harness from rub through near the alternator bracket and an issue with the #2 & #7 injector connectors. Both were a relatively easy fix and may have already been done. LLYs didn't have the injector failure problem like the LB7s did. Post up a vin check request and Henry will be able to get the service records for you. Considdering the use it had, I would say you should plan on a complete change of all fluids as soon as you buy it (if you do), so add enough money to accomplish that.

ok thanks..I think their gonna want to much...Its only a single cab and they are thinking about $22900 for it...Im gonna try and get it to about $18,000 cause I dont feel its worth it... BUT the Vin # is 1GTHK24265E183001 Do I need to post that vin somewhere else to get it check? Id like to know ANYTHING I can about this truck... I have till monday to deside...Thanks!

Post it in the VIN Request section. :wink:

I'd say $18k is the absolute max on that truck.

As far as overheating, in the summers past our Duramax has pulled over GCWR about 100 miles a day in 10 mile trips in temps approaching triple digits and I was always more worried about trans temps and tires than engine temps. Never overheated it once.

Back