• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Long, slow build of my truck

I already purchased a filter base and filter from Napa, I think the filter is 12-15 micron but I can check. So 30 micron for a prefilter, what micron rating should I use for the secondary filter?

b1aca931462f47964ab4fc5e255ba218.jpg

Picked up the grille tonight for a song, $50. Have some plans for it. Maybe this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question about the fuel filter allocation..
I am finding in my initial searches that I may be slightly limited on my choice of filters to fit the Cummins adapter. I was planning on having the secondary filter being the water separator. What I am finding shows me that it might be more likely that I will wind up with the primary filter being the water separator. So I am now thinking that it will be a 30 micron pre filter with water valve, and a 10 micron secondary filter at the engine?

I don't remember a 30mic with water sep? I would run a 5mic or less as your secondary. What thread pitch is your Cat?

You need to start a thread on the Alfa.

The Cummins adapter is a 7/8-14 thread, the Napa one that I am currently planning on using as a primary filter is 1" pipe thread IIRC

OK. Mine are 1x14.
Just to be clear about terms the primary filter is the first filter after tank (like a LP perfilter) a secondary is just before IP.

Correct. So I'm gonna look for a 30ish micron with drain as my primary and 5ish as my secondary

In other exciting news, the Raptor 100 showed up today! 1/2" hose... thats some big boy territory. Uncharted waters for my truck. Time to go big or go home! Lol. Thank you Leroy for excellent service as always, highly recommended folks.

12642786_10205974024132894_8346585932766773625_n.jpg

Also, here is the reason I picked up the spare grille...

12670261_10205973744125894_8314136312713251954_n.jpg

What can I say? I had a $25 gift card to Amazon and I couldn't think of a better way to spend it... :D

Real nice and thank you! How you going to power up the Raptor? Your going to run a sump p/u?

Yep, gonna look into a couple sump options. Most likely gonna go with a Beans Diesel kit. Reasonably priced and excellent quality. I noticed the Raptor came with its own harness. Have to check it out a bit more closely, but its definitely a complete kit! Very happy with how everything looks. For people one the fence about it, I know $385 is a big nut, but theres gotta be 50-60 bucks worth of hoses and fittings alone, if not more. Looking forward to putting this all together.

Finished up the installation of the light bar today. Harder than it had to be but I am mostly to blame for that haha. I need to aim it a little higher, right now its actually lower than my low beams, but boy oh boy is it bright. The bar I got is a 20" spot/flood combo. Its about 65% spot, 35% flood. Does a good job of lighting up the "flood" area while still projecting a nice spot. Its 126w (10.5a draw) and powered by a lit on/off switch in the cab, fused with 15a. Ill be interested to see what kind of longevity, or lack thereof I get out of it. For now, very happy. Ill try to get some pictures in the morning.

Here are pictures of the light bar performance. First is low beams, second is high beams, third is light bar, last is light bar and high beams.

4d71ed7de8e72275888613cc23a01530.jpg

2f426a692f1c1faf50cf58509b0518ce.jpg

40b4cdd2c5269bd134d696c8b3ff5234.jpg

e17e601dc632b1c6281cc829bda16d7e.jpg

Awesome! My brother has one on his Jeep and they really put out some amazing light.

Back