• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lmm straight pipe troubles

scoot

Recruit
Reaction score
what codes and problems would i have if i were to do a straight pipe on the new motors(lmm). and what would i have to do to fix the problems. just tossing this around i know about the dpf and how to solve that but im mainly worried about the cat. thanks for the input

lmm stealth 2 tuner true flow xdi intake stock besides that

Most people don't have any codes or problems accept for the odd person that can correct it with the tuner itself so I would say go for it, I am thinking about doing it also soon.

I wouldnt worry about the cat. Its the DPF thats got sensors going in and out of it.

PPE or EFI live can correct the DPF codes. In fact, EFI is your best tool when it comes to retuning these motors.

yah i was thinking of doing a upgrade to efi live. i didnt wanna go with that as my first tuner since i am new to the diesel world this is my first. but the more i read and learn the more it seems that is the only way to go.

I too am looking at EFI Live for tuning. And the more I have read about it, like you said Nick, EFI is the way to go with the the LMM's. I would like to straight pipe mine, just more worried about when/if I need to take the truck in for service, the crap I would catch for having it that way. Not to say the easy loss of my warrenty. I do kinda enjoy having that. Also I have to take into consideration since I use my truck for work, I need to have reliablity. I might be heading out to Nevada/New Mexico soon, and the last thing I need would to be stranded out in the middle of nowhere. I will still keep looking into doing something to the exhaust, and hope to do something soon.

Scoot, your Stealth2 programmer is capable of the DPF delete. You just need to download the DPF files from Quadzillas website. I have been running my truck with the DPF delete for about 25,000 miles with no issues at all. It makes a significant difference in power and may provide a small increase in fuel mileage as well. Makes the truck a lot more fun to drive. Go to this link and click on "USB updates".
http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/index.cfm/p/stealth2-lmm

yah i was waiting on a new key pad for the tuner my main concern was with the cat. i just got the new pad in gotta load the stock tune up on the truck and do the update. my dpf "blew" out a while ago and i have had no issues with it. i really like the stealth programer but am ready to move up to efi live. my buddy just bought a new dmax about 6months ago and said he would split it so im debateing heavily now if im gonna get it cus it would be pritty cheap for us to split. but thanks for the replies guys i appriciate it.

Back