• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LMM Nicktane

WhtThndr3

Yeah, I'm that guy
Reaction score
Admins, move it if you want, no worries):h

Has anyone installed nicktane on their LMM's yet (yes i tried the search)? Changing the filter is such a b!tch that I'm thinking of installing nicktane (or any other prefilter) so that I don't have to deal with the OEM anymore:mad2:

Help??????:thankyou2:

Moved to the Intakes and Exhaust section since this is *technically* a fuel system upgrade.

Just a suggestion, but you should keep the OEM filter up front. Run both of them. You won't have to change it as much because the pre-filter will pick up mostly everything. I have one on my 2006 LLY, and it works great.

One thing I have done on my trucks (2001, 2004 ,2006) was to move the OEM filter some. I do not have an LMM so it might be different but look at how it is mounted to the valvecover. Mine have only 2 bolts holding it in place. I just put a spacer between the mount and 2 slightly longer bolts in mine. Moved the filter out about 1/2" and really makes it much easier to change. Using a Nicktane pre filter will also make it so you do not change the factory filter very often.

One thing I have done on my trucks (2001, 2004 ,2006) was to move the OEM filter some. I do not have an LMM so it might be different but look at how it is mounted to the valvecover. Mine have only 2 bolts holding it in place. I just put a spacer between the mount and 2 slightly longer bolts in mine. Moved the filter out about 1/2" and really makes it much easier to change. Using a Nicktane pre filter will also make it so you do not change the factory filter very often.

Pictures?

Pictures?

attachment.php
attachment.php

:D

Attachments

• FuelFilterWithoutSpacersmaller.jpg
    FuelFilterWithoutSpacersmaller.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 71
  • FuelFilterWithSpacersmaller.1.jpg
    FuelFilterWithSpacersmaller.1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 74

FYI- you shouldn't use hose clamps with Parker Push-Lok hose and fittings. The aggressive barbs on the fittings will cut through the hose. :smile5:

If it leaks or sucks air, remove the hose, cut a new end and make sure there is no fuel on the area where the hose goes over the fitting. Lube the hose for installation with clear water only.

Good to know. I think those where changed from Nick's kit because we changed the hoses to 5/8's. I will ask Jeff here. Thanks for the heads up.

Back