• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LML Mileage, Spreadsheet included

Maybe you you wait another month when the summer fuel blend is out then do another spread sheet.

Was there a bit of towing in each of those Jeff? Cause that's pretty crappy... That's (around 13) about what I get if I have 50 miles of towing the loader in a tankful which includes some idling time for loading/unloading.

Bill, I don't know. GM says a 20% improvement over the '10. But, I don't know what their base number is.

Mike, this is unloaded, I haven't pulled a thing with this new truck yet. Been using dads for everything.

I haven't had a tank where I've been at least 70% highway yet, I feel it would improve a lot. But, this is about 2MPG lower than my last LBZ in the same situation.

Bill, I don't know. GM says a 20% improvement over the '10. But, I don't know what their base number is.

Mike, this is unloaded, I haven't pulled a thing with this new truck yet. Been using dads for everything.

I haven't had a tank where I've been at least 70% highway yet, I feel it would improve a lot. But, this is about 2MPG lower than my last LBZ in the same situation.

Hope it improves for you.

Was the LBZ the best DMAX for mileage??

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk, as if anybody actually gave a sh!t if it was a desktop, laptop, crackberry, I-phone or freakin' morse code or for that matter smoke signals... :)

Was the LBZ the best DMAX for mileage??

I believe the LB7 is right there with it also. But, IMO the LBZ is the best Duramax to buy to date.

Stock the LB7 is the best for milage as many of them got 20MPG if driven moderately(I average over 20 combined driving if I'm easy on it). The LBZ is the best all around DURAMAX ever built to date though, and that one is VERY hard to argue.

I would agree about letting the summer fuel come back out and see if that makes any difference on the possitive.

Also Jeff, what did you do on that second to last fill up to get your best MPG of 15.2? Was that more highway driving then the others?

I would agree about letting the summer fuel come back out and see if that makes any difference on the possitive.

Also Jeff, what did you do on that second to last fill up to get your best MPG of 15.2? Was that more highway driving then the others?

If I remember rightly yes.

Also remember that it can take 15-20k for the motor to "loosen up" and then your mileage should improve somewhat.

Yeah that's about what I've been getting on my 06 lbz Dually. The po used it for alot of Towing. I haven't towed anything yet. Just 60% city 40% hwy. I have stock tires but run ppe 90hp tune. I wonder if the 40psi in the rear tires has a lot to do with it. My last lbz ccsb on 265's would get 19-20hwy under 72mph but this one im lucky to get mid 15's under same conditions. I didnt think the drw made that big of a difference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Also remember that it can take 15-20k for the motor to "loosen up" and then your mileage should improve somewhat.

Very true. About 15K is when these motors start to break in and come alive. I just got 19.7 mpg with my 2006 LLY on my last tank. I noticed a big difference with the fuel and the power. I think the good #2 is starting to work its way in.

We average about 12 mpg towing a 21' Malibu and the truck loaded with camping gear. Much better than the gas equivalent.

We average about 12 mpg towing a 21' Malibu and the truck loaded with camping gear. Much better than the gas equivalent.

I haven't pulled anything to big. With me getting 13 right now, I would hate to see what the mileage is with a load.

Back