• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LML ECM Cracked!

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like Bullydog will be the #1 to crack the new ECM, it was said it couldn't be done.

Now, time for the others to catch up..

Oh Cool! At first when I read this I envisioned a physically cracked ECM and I was wondering how that might happen.

It will be interesting to see how much potential the LML has.

Read on the place that Mike L was doing some beta testing for Banks. Data logging the injection tables and the Ally but no word on the actual logs themselves. Banks is working pretty hard on the tuning as well.
From the EFILive comments, I guess they have put the '11 on the back burner.
I 'm not sure I will tune this one. May just sell the V2 and stick with appearance items like wheels and tires.

Why was/is it so hard to crack?

Also, when you throw that lift and new wheels/tires on, you're gonna have to re-program the truck for the changed tire size. ;)

Why was/is it so hard to crack?

Also, when you throw that lift and new wheels/tires on, you're gonna have to re-program the truck for the changed tire size. ;)

GM has basically made there software there properrty is the main hold-up. They have pretty well ocked em up so they can't be read to get the base tunes out of to reverse engineer them and make performance tunes. Flashing them hasn't been the issue according to the people at EFILIVE, but it's the reading.

Who said anything about a lift? I've been down that road with my old one and spent way too much money installing and then removing because I did not like the angles on the drive line. Leveled, yes. Lift, no.
Reprogramming for tires can be done with a tech II, same way they program for 20" wheels.

I think they can see what the truck is doing pretty easily, hence the data logs people are getting. Where did you see that they can flash them?

Per Ross's post on EFILive forum, just a Ferm said; Reading is the problem. This is the same controller platform used in Europe with no success there for the past few years. They get around it by taking the ECM apart and flashing the chips out of the computer (really easy to screw up!).

Back