• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LLY Turbo Intake Mouth Piece

MGILBERT18

Reaction score
I am interested in modifying my stock turbo intake mouth piece. Can any body give me the steps I should follow to remove the mouthpiece?

its easy and done in about 5-7 min. First, there is a clamp that holds the mouthpiece to the turbo, need a flat blade screwdriver to undo. Then you probably have a wire that goes very near to the mouthpiece and clips into the turbo, undo from turbo and pop the plastic holder out of the hole. Then undo your intake hose from the mouthpiece and you should be able to remove it to start grinding on it.

its easy and done in about 5-7 min. First, there is a clamp that holds the mouthpiece to the turbo, need a flat blade screwdriver to undo. Then you probably have a wire that goes very near to the mouthpiece and clips into the turbo, undo from turbo and pop the plastic holder out of the hole. Then undo your intake hose from the mouthpiece and you should be able to remove it to start grinding on it.

Thanks for the info. It sounds simple enough! I will work on this this weekend. If you have done this on yours, was there any noticeable gains in performance or reduced engine temps etc??

good mod you are going to do!!I have a 05 lly and put a lbz mouthpiece and love the extra turbo whine .. and it helps to keep engine temps down plus added performance of about 50 hp tune ,yet dont expect too much and this will help save your engine .pvc rerout ,ditch the cat and replace the muffler this will give you a lot more power and better fuel mileage

Back