• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LLY losing its prime....

NorCal 2500Hd

Reaction score
So in the last 4 days the truck has quit on me twice. Sunday, popped open the bleeder screw on top of the filter, heard a slight hissing sound when it was cracked open and primed it up...ran fine up until about 20 minutes ago when it did it again......popped open the bleeder, primed it and was able to move it back into the parking spot....

Im hoping it might just be a bad o-ring between the filter and the filter mount. Plus its time to change the filter anyway. Now Ive been reading about the Almn block developing a hairline crack. Anyone know where the crack develops or is it different on each housing? I cant be having this happen if the lady is driving the truck....

Man, that sucks.

Can you find the source of the leak? Any evidence of fuel dripping anywhere? I have seen guys lose prime, but it is usually after a fulter change (o-ring issue) or if a pre-filter gets dinged by a rock.

I just went out and wiped off the filter with a rag....after opening up the bleeder and priming it it got some diesel on it. Gonna let it sit a few and see if the WIF is leaking on the frame.....A/c is blowing hotter then hell too so I may just take it to the stealership across the street.

prime issues are tough. the filters usually crack and arent that visible. the water in fuel sensor is real common too cause a leak, visibly.

Back