• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LLY EGR readings?

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
I am using HPtuners to scan data on my LLY. The fuel pressure is all over the place vs. desired readings. FPR looks to be bad.

However revving the engine to 1500 RPM with EGR 7% desired appears to have the EGR valve actual position readings bounce up to 27% when I let off the throttle. Is this normal, a bad EGR valve, or defective HPTuners readings?

Also has a pending code for the ABS related to a TSB for a bad ground... :mad2: Already have ground issues!

For the EGR reading, try cleaning the MAF sensor with some MAF aerosol cleaner first. Reason being, it calculates EGR flow based on the MAF reading and it eliminates that before chasing down EGR valve problems.

Re: the bad ABS ground- look under the driver's side floorboard, inside the frame rail. There will be an uninsulated braded cable going from the ABS to the frame IIRC. Take that off and clean underneath it with a wire brush. Spray it with some battery terminal protector to keep it from corroding again.

Back