• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LLY EGR Question

brs954

Recruit
Reaction score
I have a quick question for you guys. I am getting 2 codes that keep coming up on my '05 LLY. The one is a turbo underboost code and the other is an EGR code. I can't remember right off the top of my head what the P-numbers were for the codes, I don't have the truck or the code reader with me right now, But I do remember what they pertained to. I have taken off my Outlook Monitor and then cleared the code but it came back. Right now I do have the Bully Dog Tri-Dog tune on the truck but I have it set to stock. Any ideas?

If you need the exact codes I can get them tonight.

Thanks,
Bryan

Well...

I just read the codes in the tuck... Here they are, along with the definitions from my Innova 1303 code reader.

P0404 - EGR Control Circuit Range/Performance
P0401 - EGR Flow Insufficient Detected
P0299 - Turbo Underboost

I am not sure if it would be the programmer, I have had it for a while now and I just started getting these codes.

So you think the EGR might be shot?

Look at the egr. It's under the air intake...that side of the motor. Is there any oil around that area of the motor? Some people have had to replace the gaskets on the egr cause there was oil residue building up. If you're still under warranty and have oil leaking there, take your chip out and take the truck in and have them fix the leak and tell them to check the egr while they're at it...maybe they'll find the egr problem. :dunno:

It's the EGR. I had those exact same codes when mine went south. Since it was still under warranty I let the dealer repair it. As soon as it got out of warranty I blocked the EGR.

I do not think that you will have any issues in getting it covered under the regular warranty as long as you are within the mileage limitation.

EGRs are mechanical, and subject to failure. That plus the fact that they recirculate exhaust gas back through your engine is the reason that a lot of us block them off.

Back