• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Livestock Trailer

Res1cue

Reaction score
Post em up, if you have them, also, looking for an aluminum one, if anyone knows of any, or any advice to give on them...

On our way to Alabama after Katrina hit. We were full of fuel, food, chain saws, etc.

Attachments

• truck and trailer.jpg
    truck and trailer.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 36
Here's one of Dads.
I'd avoid alluminum if you ever plan to pull it around the ranch or farm. They don't last out here without frequent trips to the welding shop :frown5:.
Maybe some do but FeatherLites sure don't.

Attachments

• videos 073.jpg
    videos 073.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 31
We have an 1984 24ft Barrett. It's aluminum and has been awesome. If you are gonna off road a lot with it I'm with 01duramax but ours has been basically flawless.

1985 Circle J. 24-ish feet bumper to tounge (special ordered longer so we could fit 5 horses in when the situation called for it). Downside....sucker weighs almost 5,000lbs empty, but it's one heck of a strong trailer.

Dad bought new and I'm the owner now. Original floor, still in excellent shape. We always hosed out the bottom after hauling critters. Only last year has it developed some small cancer rust in a couple spots. Not life threatening but I do need to fix it before it gets worse. It's been a "U-haul moving trailer" on many occasions...pianos, furniture, lumber. Also been on some interesting mountain jeep trails, sunk into mud up to the axles, been backed off an earthquake fault line (that was an interesting day :eek6: )

Oh ya, and moving hay :biggrinjester:

100_0438.jpg

When I get home end of this month I will post up the big boy and the little guy, big boy is 48ft 6 horse slant with 20ft living quarter Alum by Integratey awsome trailer, 10,000 pounds no horses with all water and feed room full, when full of hay and grain and horses gats pretty damn heavy makes the old LB7 work fo it's money, little guy is 4 horse slant Exis 30 tip to tail very light main trailer for local runs big boy only comes out for the big horses shows around the country. I will get some pics on my next R and R.

Bought this lovely last summer. 18 foot Kiefer Built, 1976 model. It had two layers of floor which I ripped out and replaced. Some rust on the sides but the underneath is sound. Don't need much to haul a couple cattle and hogs to the locker a few times a year.

Attachments

• SSCN0263.JPG
    SSCN0263.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 13
We have a Steel 98 Kiefer Built Horse Trailer for my sister's stupid horses, and if i ever get some cattle for them, too. It was a 4 horse trailer, but we converted the front stall to a storage area, since we only have 3 horses, and it is usually only 1, sometimes 2 that go along, and we need more room for hay and stuff for the Cty. fair, since they have to stay all 3 days, and we don't want to make anymore trips than we have to, since it is 35 miles one way. I don't have a decent picture right now, but it is taller and longer than the diesel, and it pulls hard, since it weighs 3000+ lbs.

Back