• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Livestock Shows

bighawg

Proud Rider of the Short Bus
Reaction score
Any of you farm boys got kids that show livestock or even some of you younger guys show. Just wondering, my kids show pigs and love it. If you got any pictures post them.

good job on keeping your kids involved in something good. i did my share of ffa when i was young. my girl is only 5 here shortly. got a brother who is a good with cows , he grows and sales herd bulls mostly here on the west coast. he used to work as a herdsman for holiday ranch in central oregon but has sinced moved on. so he just pedals his own 8-10 bulls a year.

My better half shows horses, Ill see if she will lemme post pics or not.. :)

Heres a couple pics :cool:

P1000021.jpg

P1000020.jpg

Over the years my family showed cows (Shorthorn and Angus), hogs (Yorks and Duroc), and sheep (Corriedale, Suffolk, Oxford, Southdown) from the late 50's early 60's until 1994.We went to many county fairs, PA Farm Show, Keystone International Livestock Expo (K.I.L.E) Lots of good memories (some not so good ones too) I miss it but life goes on.

My wife and daughter just went and bought a new horse yesterday. Alex is 10 yrs and will be using it for a 4-H project. We are going to pick it up this afternoon and she just came out her bedroom and commented on how it felt like Christmas morning. Think she's a little excited? I'll see is I can get a pic up later today.

Back