• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Line-X wheel wells

jim87vette

Gimpy
Reaction score
Tomorrow I am headed up to Vegas for a Doc appt so I decided to have my wheel wells on my dually line-x.It will be the rear wells.I have searched all over looking for the wheel house liners and have only found them for SRW.Even the gmparts direct were going to try and sell me the wrong ones lol.Also the dealer gave me the wrong ones!
Soooo I decided to have done tomorrow while I am up there in Vegas.Will cost 100 per side kinda close to what I thought it would be.I blacked out the white hat channel(bed channel) that you can see under there and also sprayed a little black in a seam that may show.Should look real nice when complete as I hate the white that is there presently.Will post some pics when complete.

i would be very interested to see how that looks. im constantly trying to gather ideas of stuff i can spray in the future and have it serve a useful purpose.

it should look a lot better and most importantly protect the truck.

Ya If you can post before and after pics! Are you doing the rear only?

I wonder what it would look like to do the frame as well? Or of its even possible?

All done with the Line-X, like the look.Will still do some rattle can touch up for hidden hitch (5er) parts when I get that completed(it needs a shim I am waiting on).I will do some 10ft shots when the temp drops below 110 outside lol.Second shot I did some prep with a rattle can to get into seams that I thought would show if not done prior to coating.It came out great!I have some factory mud flaps to throw on so that should about complete that part of the job.

Attachments

• PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 36
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 39
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 41
  • PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 39
That does look really good, ill bet its a ton quieter too.
I wonder if it would be worth someones time to disassemble their interior and spray it including the inner door skins.

looks real good. who did you have do it??

Thanks-was the one in China Town ok found it on Spring Mountain Rd-Wes.It was hard to find as those store fronts are itty- bitty,but they have garages in the back alley.
Gotta love the $5 dollar environmental Surcharge wtf oh well!How much do you think really went for the environment lol?

Every shop like that has enviro fee's. but I feel it should be part of the cost upfront and bottom line number. I even stopped doing the shop supply charge awhile back. Just roll it into the cost of the entire job.

All done with the Line-X, like the look.Will still do some rattle can touch up for hidden hitch (5er) parts when I get that completed(it needs a shim I am waiting on).I will do some 10ft shots when the temp drops below 110 outside lol.Second shot I did some prep with a rattle can to get into seams that I thought would show if not done prior to coating.It came out great!I have some factory mud flaps to throw on so that should about complete that part of the job.

That looks much better. :yesnod::thumbsup:

Back