• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lights, sorry Nick

truckie481

Dagum
Reaction score
I feel bad posting a light thread before Unit453 but the early bird gets the worm and it's tail lights so here it goes, my boys bought me a tail light bar for my birthday, we installed the light bar today and I'm wiring it tomorrow. I plan to solder all connections and shrink tube the connections to protect them, is there any thing else I should do to it?

I like the look of them on solid. Does half blink with the directionals?

it came out nice!!! i used to have one of the recon ones but it stopped working so i threw it out, now im thinking about getting the mini one like the duallys have

Given where you live, I would also go over the connections with Liquid Electrical Tape. The stuff is great for sealing out the weather! I used to use silicon for a sealer, but this stuff is way better.

I have the recon Fire and Ice bar...I like it except for using the double sided tape...If I could do it over again from the begining, I would have sheet metal screwed it in.

I have the recon Fire and Ice bar...I like it except for using the double sided tape...If I could do it over again from the begining, I would have sheet metal screwed it in.

This one mounted with tape as well, no holes in it to use screws, if I have a problem with it later I'll make brackets to hold it.

Given where you live, I would also go over the connections with Liquid Electrical Tape. The stuff is great for sealing out the weather! I used to use silicon for a sealer, but this stuff is way better.

I love the liquid e-tape, when I hard wire it I will be sure to coat it up. I have it through the trailer lights right now untill I can do it right.

where do you get stuff like that?

i hate chasing electrical problems because something's corroded. i'm gonna definately look into getting some of that liquid tape.

check out the plasma glows, they are sweet, turn signals are sequencal...but the price is higher.....about 149 bucks.

Back