• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Light Bar - LEO to Amber Conversion

jmiller

Recruit
Reaction score
I was able to pick up an old police Code 3 MX7000 light bar, cheap.

Has anyone converted one to amber? Know of a good source for MX7000 parts?

The light bar has clear cover lenses, red/blue Dtech rotators, red / blue corner flashers and arrow stick /w controler. Its in good shape.

Thanks

update: Hit Ebay for some parts.

Picked up some Amber wrap around rotator lens, amber lenses for the intersection sweeps, and replaced red & blue wig / wag flasher with amber's.

Still working on the red / blue rotators. Most of the reflective surface was peeling. Scotch brite made quick work to clean up what was left. Gluing aluminum foil for a reflector and painting the blue sides with black paint.

$80 for the light bar
$50 for 5 wrap around rotator lenses
$10 for the wigwag lenses
$20 for the intersection lenses

Ebay is an enabler for recycling stuff like this. Looks like it will turn out ok and for much cheaper than any new 48" light bar.

If you're still working on this project, and need pieces or just help... elightbars.com is a great place to look.

I'm a bit of a light geek, so I peruse there rather often....... interjecting when it's applicable to my experience.

Back