• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lift Pump confusion

I've heard this before, but nothing on the actual specifications. Do you guys know how much more PSI/flow the older pump produced?

Is it a 1:1 replacement for the 95-99 6.5s?

Thanks,

Rob :)

I've heard this before, but nothing on the actual specifications. Do you guys know how much more PSI/flow the older pump produced?

Is it a 1:1 replacement for the 95-99 6.5s?

Thanks,

Rob :)

I don't know how much more flow or pressure it has but have read it is a direct replacement. Leo

Dimensionally they are the same and voltage, so they are direct replacement as Leo said.

I have a Delphi LP catalog, here is the spec from the catalog:

FP905 GPH Wide Open = 35 and PSI Shut Off = 9.5 - 14 for 93-
FP921 GPH Wide Open = 25 - 35 and PSI Shut Off = 6 - 8 for 94+
Both are 12V Solenoid Type.

I guess the 93- have a higher pressure capability.

I have been using FP905 for almost 2 years now. It has been great coupled with KD Relay Harness.
It is a higher pressure because if I don't seat the fuel filter properly, it will overflow very fast.

Plug & Play... exact swap. Thats what i have on mine, and I Idle at 7-8psi, and on highway climbing drops to 5 with instant recovery to 8.

I ordered an AC DELCO for a 93 6.5 k3500.

I like it.

One I took off for what its worth with unknown age or miles said carter on it, 5psi at idle, never road tested it for draw, just replaced it for PM and wanted the infamous high psi AC DELCO unit.

Also FWIW when i had a clogged sock and truck would suck itself dead, I hooked up my fuel pressure guage and it had a vacuum of 8psi. That leads me to believe that is how strong the IP sucks.

Is anyone running the bosch lift pump for a 93? I saw them at rock auto. They were $30 more than ac delco. Just wondering if worth the extra $. There was no specs on any of the pumps but they were different part numbers than the 95s.

Bill says it is different pump, Iv'e never flowed it on stand to say otherwise, but will say 99% of driving that I've done the Heath h/o has been up to the task, adding my pre lift Racor puts extra restriction on it making me need the Walbro, when I'm pulling a big heavy object

Bill hasn't been one to lie to us, in the past & with him it's all about maintaing his reputation for happy customers, BTW if you haven't noticed you know he's a sponsor here now and has a q/a area for those kind of questions direct to him, also swings by as member 6265 racer so you can PM him also.

IIRC JK's centrifugal is not self priming (nature of a centrifugal pump vs positive displ) looks to be good pump same as for Dmax I think, and we don't flow as much as they do, non self priming is a negative for me, but once primed would be no different than a dead oem lift as IP can pull fuel thru it,

my LP from Bill(ran 10psi at idle..6 at wot) quit pumpin' fuel(had it a little over 10 months) was runnin' but just no fuel...sent it back and he said the check valve was stuck open...got 1 from autozone for a 93 and it runs the same psi....i told Bill to credit it to a GL4..:D:D

Anymore I stay away from anything electrical from Auto Zone unless it's an AC or other name brand. Their lifetime warranty isn't worth the number of times you have to change a part before you get a good one.

my LP from Bill(ran 10psi at idle..6 at wot) quit pumpin' fuel(had it a little over 10 months) was runnin' but just no fuel...sent it back and he said the check valve was stuck open...got 1 from autozone for a 93 and it runs the same psi....i told Bill to credit it to a GL4..:D:D
Psi isn't the solo determining factor, have to also consider it's gph, my walbro is 45 gph, a factory 93 lift is about 28 gph new volume, both are 10/6 psi pumps, as was my Heath but after FTB and Racor prefilter , and other demand on system I have now; when pulling big or pulling hard, my IP can suck both a Heath or a 93 dry, my Heath recovered on those loads faster than a 93 OEM style did, so I have to assume, it has more gph than the 93 does, that was just seat of pant testing in a truck I'm keen to note changes in, but not scientific volumetric flow capture data.

For plug & play simplicity and better performance a new Heath h/o is next mod on the Burb when it's lift dies,

Back