• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lift or lower?

could just go for a lower leveled look. instead of cranking up the front drop the rear a couple inches. still functional yet sleek lookin. ditch the springs and bag it :D

I like slightly lowered trucks, not in the dirt but dropped a bit.

But I dont mind the way mine turned out with 35s and no lift.

well put some photos in your garage so I can see. sheesh. then again. I still have to do my sig and pics in mine.lol I have no room to talk

lol:pound: if you like to drive fast you should deff lower it some and get wider tires and a nice exhaust and the truck will be bada$$

I saw a truck that looked bad-ass in one of my diesel mags recently. It had fat azz rear tires, black with hot rod pin striping. I think it was a lowered dually cummings though... still bad azz. Cant find the mag to verify though

I think your talking about Bully Dogs Ram. Its a 3rd Gen Reg Cab Cummins with Fatties out back skinnies out front, lowered front raised back, dually fender flares.

as for my garage, Im waiting for the Hughes net to be installed. This Slow Dial up is killing me.

If it is my truck, I'm lifting it if anything. I hate seeing the slammed diesel trucks or duallys that are slammed, just a waste of a truck IMO. What I use to not like all that much, but has grown on me more and more is the leveled look or lowered about 2". Put a fat set of 315's on it so it will hook up and that would be a fast truck. Other then that though, I'm all for lifting a truck.

I think your talking about Bully Dogs Ram. Its a 3rd Gen Reg Cab Cummins with Fatties out back skinnies out front, lowered front raised back, dually fender flares.

I saw that too. Very cool looking the way they turned it into a rat rod type of deal.

mines 2wd. gonna get lowered shortly. 3-5 most likely since i've heard that goin any farther will require some frame work. its gonna be fast though, only a matter of money and time :D ..... still debating on keepin the rack or not though. how cool would it be to run 12's with a rack and toolboxes.... that'd piss off a few ricer, foxes and ls1's...... :D:p....

i like the best of both worlds, slammed when i want and stock height when i need it. and i can still tow. but then again i bought a 2wd for a reason. the international in the back will be a daily lifted on 37's

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

i like the best of both worlds, slammed when i want and stock height when i need it. and i can still tow. but then again i bought a 2wd for a reason. the international in the back will be a daily lifted on 37's

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

that is going to look pretty mean!!! what color and show us the final product when completed. i admit in ca especially people tend to like lowered trucks i use to get lowered truck magazines when i was 18 and i used to dislike lifted trucks. but now at 26 (and much wiser:rolleyes:) i like em both. i like the leveled trucks now too it is a good option if you don't like spending lots of cash i will eventually come around to liking body lifts just not yet.

if done tastefully you can go either way...if you lower it, do a mild lowering...none of this 1" off the ground....its a truck....a Ground Force Kit would be perfect....if you go with a lift, that has to be tastefull too...a 2wd on 40's doesn't look right..ya know?

Back