• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

smoked by granny in a caddy

GMCYA

Resident Coonass
Reaction score
I got my ass handed to me this morning by a white haired older lady in a new cadillac cts. She kept speeding up and slowing down in the left lane and I was in a hury and there was traffic on the right. She finally passed the big truck and got over in the right lane. I pullled on side and looked over and shook my head, she was on the PHONE. This is funny as hell, she looked at me dead serious, gave me the wrinkled youre #1 wave and floored it. I did not have a chance as I was in the lil 1.8L commuter. Couldn't catch up even if I was fred flintstonein it to help. Why does this kind of shit never happen when I am in my truck. Oh well, I figured it would make one hell of a first kill story.

lol thats funny. I hate when people drive in the passing lane and never pass the person!!!

I always get the worst looks from old people. Don't know WTF their problem is.

My feeling is they feel they have earned the right to be snobbish and do things what ever they want because of there age.... they have earned it... Blah!!!

Caddy CTS, even if you were in your truck I don't think you could stay with it at all, That is a bad car with power to spare, CTS V is badder, vette motor with a 6 speed manual tranny that runs up to 140 mighty quick

Fear the old ladies... I fear my mom... her car can smoke most on the road around here.
S55 AMG Mercedes... Fun fun fun to drive. She goes 55 everywhere tho

Caddy CTS, even if you were in your truck I don't think you could stay with it at all, That is a bad car with power to spare, CTS V is badder, vette motor with a 6 speed manual tranny that runs up to 140 mighty quick

That is what I want, a CTS-V:cornut: Mighty nice.

Fear the old ladies... I fear my mom... her car can smoke most on the road around here.
S55 AMG Mercedes... Fun fun fun to drive. She goes 55 everywhere tho

My mom, 70 years old just got a Pontiac G-8. Thing is scary quick. She to drives 55.....everywhere, in town, back roads, Hwy, and subdivision:shocked::frown2:

My mom, 70 years old just got a Pontiac G-8. Thing is scary quick. She to drives 55.....everywhere, in town, back roads, Hwy, and subdivision:shocked::frown2:
Those poor cars... they can IDLE up to 55 fast as my old chevy can floored.... :reddevil::auto::driving::hat:

Old Folks are smart! They want the power in case they need to make a "quick getaway" are or give some smarty pants a ass:spank:

My bud a work has the CTS with a manual trany and custom exhaust, It goes good but I crushed him and now he wants a V.

Whatever happened to little old ladies driving slow as heck? My grandma (when mad at me or dad) will peel out in the gravel drive, and in Boise Id going to a doctors appointment chirps the tires on the 01 Grand Caravan w/ the 3.8 at a stoplight.

She also plays cop! somebody was rippin up the backroads around her house when they were going to work, she wips out of the intersection in hot pursuit, 80 or so on a narrow two lane, and she turned the guy in!

That poor van has been through hell! :queasy:

Ran a cts already, it's pretty quick but I was pissin the older guy off. He could not pass me. The CTS V is one damn sweet ride, and quick.
My GF has a 04 Grand Prix GT. trying to get her to trade it in on a G8. Those are some fun cars to drive.

edit: when I did run the cts on the interstate I later checked the evo and it said top speed was 132 :eek6:. limiter set to 140. It did start to feel kinda weird. I think that was the longest I ever kept it to the floor.
What is the top speed on one of these? It won't be me to find out! My tires are only rated for 99:nono:.

Last edited:

My bud a work has the CTS with a manual trany and custom exhaust, It goes good but I crushed him and now he wants a V.

The new CTS-V has 550 hp!:coolgleamA:

Back