• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lift kit

pipelinetrash89

Reaction score
Ok guys, I think it's time for alittle bit of lift on my truck. It's a 94 K3500 ext. cab dually. I already have the T-bars turned up some, I'm running 235/85/16. I would like to run a true 33" tire, which I think I could right now. I was thinking about a 2" lift? I was just curious if just changing the keys will actually do this, or will it be basically the same as I have now?

well whenever I bought the truck, it was so low that the bump stops in the front where touching the frame. So I turned them up to what I thought would be around stock. How does the tuff country ride? I don't want a 6" kit right now, because I have to work out of the bed and crawling in and out all day gets old.

Havent installed it yet, waiting for it to arrive. I do have a bud who has one and its a good ride.
I do know what you mean though about climbing in and out of the box, I have a step for the hitch and with my short legs its a must have...lol

Yea, I have two tool boxes I build for each side that open into the bed. I think I could swing a 4" and still be able to see in at what I need to get. If I went any bigger I would have to make my lids open to the other way

You can fit 33's with just a T-Bar crank. My buddy has 285/75's all around on his 97 454 crew cab dually, took ~3" spacers between the duals in the rear and they still get damn close.

A 2" lift is just keys which change the T-Bar index nearly the same as cranking, save the money and crank them puppies or go with a 4-6" full center drop and decrank to 4" if you want to do it right.

Well the real reason I was lifting it up was because of my rear springs. It's sitting on the overloads now, I want to get re-arched spring for about 4" of lift. I think I can get about another 1 1/2" out of the t bars now. It sits alittle low in the rear now, maybe an inch or so.

My 93 sits on over loads with an unloaded flat bed but barely drops an inch when I add a tractor on the gooseneck or load of hay. I went with deavers on my 06 but rearch would get you by for awhile, not sure if they can give you another 4" out of stock springs though...

Your 93 is a HD tho isn't it? Mines just a regular dually. My 09 Ford I had, they re-arched those for 5" worth of lift. I always re-arch mine, and then put two more leaves in them and they work just fine. I only carry around 3,xxxlbs a day, and then go to around 5,xxxlbs when I hook to my trailer.

Mines a regular/non hd cab and chassis 4x4.

I have a lot of room in my wheel wells with 235's and I haven't cranked.

Sent from: Source Unknown

Back