• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lift kit for 82 jimmy 6.2

How big do you want to go? I have had decent luck w/add-a-leafs front and rear. I have used various kits in the 2.5-6" range. You have to be careful of rear driveshaft angles on the larger kits. There are a couple of places that offer shackle reversal systems that allow you to get 4" of lift or more w/your stock rear springs. There are also guys using the 52" and 56" Rear springs up front. Gain some flexibility.

:noidea:i was thinking at least 4" i'm running 33/12.50-15 right now. most kits seem to be springs up front and blocks in rear. is that the norm?

That would work. I had good luck with the shackle fips. A little more involved on a Blazer or Suburban since you have to move the tank.

Depending on offset and rim width, you might be able to get by w/2.5". The ones I did, I massaged:eyebrows: the fenders w/a Hammer or cut off wheel. Most were rusty IA trucks.

Back