• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lets See Them

yeah, how in the hell did you break your ankle?

I was getting out of the truck tonight and rolled my right ankle. It is swollen up really bad but the took X-Rays and found I broke my ankle. First broken bone in 55 yrs. Pray for me and the swelling to go down so they can cast it soon. I am going to go nuts being in a cast 4-6 weeks. I have a new helper at work who knows little and I need to be there to get my next fire truck built that we start monday hopefully.

Thanks in advance everyone

Hopefully he doesn't mind me posting for him :smile5:

makes sense to me. i broke mine a couple years ago, but it involved about 10 gallons of beer, and a wrestling match between my brother and myself.

Mine was stone sober, the driveway was dry, no ice on it andI was getting out to shut the tailgate and I rolled it on the crack of the driveway. I heard it snap and knew it was not a good thing. I cant get in to see the orthopedic doctor until friday afternoon and this am it has swelled some so I may have to get them to look at me earlier if they can. But it really dont hurt much at all now.

Mine was stone sober, the driveway was dry, no ice on it andI was getting out to shut the tailgate and I rolled it on the crack of the driveway. I heard it snap and knew it was not a good thing. I cant get in to see the orthopedic doctor until friday afternoon and this am it has swelled some so I may have to get them to look at me earlier if they can. But it really dont hurt much at all now.

I hope you have good health insurence, back in june I fell 20ft while cutting a tree limb. I landed on my head and left shoulder and had to have a metal strip screwed to my exploded collar bone. $30,000 later Im almost back to normal. I just would have rather spent that money on a nice dmax pickup.:nonod:

This will be the first time I have used my insurance in the 9 yrs I have worked here. It is Anthem Blue Cross so it should be fine. I have the first 2K for deductible but that is all.

Here's My 08 Deere 2320, 3 cyl yanmar, 24 horse. 53'' bucket, 62 D drive on MMM, ballast box. i love this tractor!! Moved 186 ton of fill this summer no prob.
DSC02607.jpg
DSC02610.jpg
and my sons Lil' Deere!!!
DSCN0134.jpg

Very nice Tim, how do you keep it so clean?! Very nice picture with you and your son :thumbsup:

Thanks justin! Always wash it after use and 5 coats of wax!! I love shiny green paint! Gotta keep my investment in top shape, too much darn $ not too.

How many hours on it now Tim?? Are you in the gravel business, or doing some major work around your place??

That is one fine looking tractor. JD is my other favourite, gotta love that grill!!

And what about your sons JD?? Hope it got a good work out too. :)

Here's My 08 Deere 2320, 3 cyl yanmar, 24 horse. 53'' bucket, 62 D drive on MMM, ballast box. i love this tractor!! Moved 186 ton of fill this summer no prob.
DSC02607.jpg
DSC02610.jpg
and my sons Lil' Deere!!!
DSCN0134.jpg

Hey you fellow M.T.F. Guy!! Thanks for the comp. Has 35 hours on it, Im building a garage behind my barn and am leveling the gound and sloping water away from my buildings. hence all the fill. sounds like a lot but hasnt gone too far!! Hows your Classy massie trearing ya? Sure is a sweet red tractor!!

Hey you fellow M.T.F. Guy!! Thanks for the comp. Has 35 hours on it, Im building a garage behind my barn and am leveling the gound and sloping water away from my buildings. hence all the fill. sounds like a lot but hasnt gone too far!! Hows your Classy massie trearing ya? Sure is a sweet red tractor!!

Thanks. Been a member of MTF since the old site was up, another useful place to hang out. It has been great. Has 126 hours on it, and so far we love it. We have not had to plug it in yet, but that has been intentional. The coldest it has been so far, not factoring windchill, was -19c (-2F) and started. That is what we wanted to find out, just how reliable it is in the cold, so far so good. Some Diesel fuel conditioner, and some ATF in the fuel, and it runs a lot smoother, damn that ULSD.

Have a safe Happy New year.

Hmmm, how much atf do you add, i think my tank holds 6 gallons, think i should do it?

Back in early 2000, when I was pumping gas, a customer came in with a brand new Mercedes, he put 100ml in before I filled it up. He said he has done that with every one he has owned, and NEVER had a lubricity issue.

We have conditioner, but not lube additives. It is noticeable how much smoother it runs.

100ml is 3 ounces, that is all I add before filling the tank, from near empty. Some guys with Dmaxes are adding low ash 2 stroke oil.

Thanks Will!! i 'll start adding it next fill up. I cant see it hurting since its not a common rail system.

What would be the best amount of ATF to use, I dont want to over do it? My IH 484 runs good but in the cold it runs unbelievably smooth. Im wondering if the cold fuel acts the same as fuel with ATF in it.

Back