• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leroy - Walbro FRC

BigBlueChevy

Compression Ignition Addict
Reaction score
Leroy,
I'm gathering parts to build the new fuel system on my little green truck and had a question. I'd like to source the Walbro pump from you as well as the special fittings to go in place of the GM factory lift pump. Your website says you carry the FRC-10psi model (has a small filter built in.)... yet the image next to it shows an FRB model. Here is the link to what I am referring too:

http://www.walbro.com/producthlt.aspx

Which model do you actually carry? And as far as run times go- the FRB claims to have an 18,000 hour run time, while the FRC claims only 8,000 hours. Is this a typo or is there really that big of a difference?

Regards,
Jamie

Both the FRB and FRC have filter screens built in. In the link you provided the FRC has a clear bowl that you can see the filter. FYI: the clear bowl is an option. They come with the metal bowl.

Did I answer you question?

EDIT just noticed you asked
"Which model do you actually carry? And as far as run times go- the FRB claims to have an 18,000 hour run time, while the FRC claims only 8,000 hours. Is this a typo or is there really that big of a difference?"

I carry the FRC10 and can still get the FRB5 on special order.
It must be a typo, BUT to be honest I don't know. I will call and see if I get an answer.

Thanks Leroy :thumbsup:

Since they both have built in screens is it possible to order an FRB model with the clear bowl from you? I would imagine this is probably something I'd have to call to place an order for since its not on your website?

Regards,
Jamie

Just got off the phone to Walbro.
The reason they advertize lower duty cycle for FRC10 is because it is made for higher performance applications and expect it to be run harder.
If you are just replacing the stock LP and go to a FRC10 you can expect simular duty cycles as the FRB5, but as fuel demands increase from higher performance engines the fuel pump will be working longer/harder to keep up.

Thanks Leroy :thumbsup:

Since they both have built in screens is it possible to order an FRB model with the clear bowl from you? I would imagine this is probably something I'd have to call to place an order for since its not on your website?

Regards,
Jamie

What IP you running Jamie? The DS4 engine is going to run much better with a FRC10.
I think the FRB5 can be had with a clear bowl I will have to confirm that also, be back in a minute.

Well Shiz! The clear fuel bowl is not an option for any of the FRC/FRB pumps. I bithched at them that it was right on their site ,SO they are updating their web site as we speak. That sucks!

That was probably exactly what I was looking for info wise. That pretty much answers my questions than. If you have a Walbro FRC10 than I'll probably be putting in an order for one in the next few days. Probably towards the end of the week.

As for a pump as long as everything works out I should be running a 5521 DS4. The truck needs a new injection pump so while I'm at it I'm going to take care of the front half of the fuel system while I'm at it.

Regards,
Jamie

Edit:
Well Shiz! The clear fuel bowl is not an option for any of the FRC/FRB pumps. I bithched at them that it was right on their site ,SO they are updating their web site as we speak. That sucks!

Thats alright. I really appreciate you looking into everything like that for me. I'll have 30 microns of filtration pre-lift pump anyway so it shouldn't really be necessary.

Leroy,
I was getting ready to order my fuel pump, and bypass fitting from you a little earlier and notice you also carry the Wix 24770 filter base... What is the possibility you sell just the filter base alone without the WIX filter?

Also, when I get to the "cart" and go to "estimate shipping", I only seem to be getting an option to "store walk in"... am I messing something up? Zip code is 85323 in Avondale, AZ

Regards,
Jamie

Leroy,
I just put the order through your website for the Walbro pump and bypass fittings. I wont be needing the WIX filter base as I got what I needed this morning from Empire CAT to run UHE filters. Again, I really appreciate all your help answering my questions.

Regards,
Jamie

OK got it Jamie, I did just sell my last Walbro yesterday, buy placed a new order just before that and expect new stock by Wensday. I will mail as soon as it lands here.
Your in AZ? avatar says PA.

Great Thank you. Yes I'm in AZ for the time being. I left PA about a month ago to come out here for some training in the power generation field. I didn't realize you where in TX, otherwise I might have stopped by, I passed through TX on the way here. Beautiful state you live in :thumbsup:, not to mention how friendly everybody is.

Leroy,
When you have a chance could you give me an ETA on when my stuff will be arriving at the address I sent you? The school has there heads up there arses's and seem to have trouble keeping all received packages in one location.

Regards,
Jamie

Hey, yes it went out the AM. I used whatever address was provided. Should have it in 2-3 days.

Sorry for the delay.
Also FWIW you got yours at a good time as Walbro is rumored to be having a price increase soon.

Hey, yes it went out the AM. I used whatever address was provided. Should have it in 2-3 days.

Sorry for the delay.
Also FWIW you got yours at a good time as Walbro is rumored to be having a price increase soon.

Awesome. I can't wait till everything comes in. This is going to be one wicked setup when finished :D

What Cat filter are you running? I bolted the Cat housing to the floor under the rear seat so the filter is not far below the frame.
I did not have luck with a CAT water separator (14 micron rating best I can tell) before the Walbro, however, I just pulled that pump out of service for failure because of the filter attempt. I ran it without the screen and scored it up badly from bad fuel. Bliping the throttle a few times like the emissions test would pull a vac on the fuel system.

A new 140 GPM pump and all is well with the Cat as a prefilter.

What Cat filter are you running? I bolted the Cat housing to the floor under the rear seat so the filter is not far below the frame.
I did not have luck with a CAT water separator (14 micron rating best I can tell) before the Walbro, however, I just pulled that pump out of service for failure because of the filter attempt. I ran it without the screen and scored it up badly from bad fuel. Bliping the throttle a few times like the emissions test would pull a vac on the fuel system.

A new 140 GPM pump and all is well with the Cat as a prefilter.

I'm running a CAT 1466695 Fuel / Water separator(30 microns nominal) as my primary filter, than the Walbro FRC-10 lift pump, than a CAT 1R-0751 AE filter (2 microns nominal) secondary filter. The filter size is perfect as they are flush with the bottom of the frame rail. Only negative is on the water separator the drain fitting hands down about an inch lower. I intend to build a skid plate that bolts to frame to guard the filters from rocks slung up by the tires, and keep that F / W drain fitting protected.

WarWagon what part of AZ are in in? I'm actually out here now for a while for training in the power gen field.

Leroy,
Just letting you know everything came in today :thumbsup: Both the pump and fittings look great. The pump looks really sturdy, very well built it seems. Looking forward to putting it in action.

Regards,
Jamie

Great!
Take a mental note of the way your engine sounds before the Walbro, then listen to it after. You might hear the difference I know I did. It just sounded "stronger" and not slugish.

Back