• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Left turn signal fast blinks?

hookedup50

Reaction score
In my experience this only happens when a bulb is out, but none are. Any ideas. Its not broken, so hesitant to do anything about. The right side is normal. I have a few other gremlins since inerior and ful system redo, such as drivers power seat inop and fuel guage inop and compass. Probably unrelated, but those I can figure out.

Nope, I'm gonna put another ciurcut board in the left tail lense. Thats the only thing I changed. I needed a new lense and used the new ciurcut board. I will wait till the temps get into the teens first.

Those are cheap enough to try. I noticed while I was out tonight that the reverse lights dimly flicker when fast flashing. It'll be warmer and I'll ferret out all the little issues. Strange though, cause the truck never had electric problems except for grounds, and I cleaned them all. I'll recheck connections as the bed was off for cab panel replacement.

Might have pinched a wire? Seems like there is a grounding ring terminal back there, check it.

Thanks Leroy will do. Priority today or when its above the teens out, is to find the massive air leak in fuel system. I about froze to death this morning when the truck died heading to Boston at 4AM. It was 2 out and blowing thirty. The clear return line has big bubble. Everything is new from tank till FFM. Will drop tank on weekend and inspect Walbro fittings. Its easier IMO fix fuel leaks than find air. Its been fine for a few weeks since I started driving again, but the cold finds problems. I can hear our Neighbors from AK and Canada snickering at me complaining about the cold.:) It must be really cold there.

Consider trying a digital multimeter on the 4pin plug. Might get lucky and find a short (or improper ground) by measuring resistance and narrow the focus area(s). If all the 4pin's volt readings are consistent with each other and the resistance looks good, next I'd check is the new brake circuit board for internal shorts.

And while I am thinking of it, if you open up the tail light, make sure the brake bulb is a 3057. 3157's will fit, but are hotter and burn the socket.

Temps this afternoon will probably get to a balmy 20F in your neck of the woods :)

Last edited:
i had an led strip under the tailgate that shorted out and was backfeeding the whole system one time, made the marker lights blink with the right turn, iv also had the fast blinking come from one of the front bulbs being put in 180* off

Back