• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LEDs

I'm sorry to bore you with minor questions, but, did you use the narrow or wide angle 194's? :confused:

Your dash looks very evenly lit, I just wanted to make sure I get the same style. Are you happy with brightness? It looks plenty bright in the pictures.

All my leds came from fleabay. For the A/C controler, I used Super BLUE Wedge Base LED Bulbs Light (e.g. ebay Item number: 200276572765).

The dash and controler look bright in pictures, but it's really affordable. That's bright blue but won't bore you and get your eyes tired. So, yes, I'm happy with brightness :D

Matuva- thanks for sharing this mod! One question:
If you replace the bulbs with LEDs, can you dim the lights?

The leds do not really accept dimming as well as regular bulbs do. They do, but really slightly, then shut off suddenly.
With the blue pattern, it's not really a problem : you can keep them at full +12v. Not sure about excess brightness if you choose amber or orange----

That looks great...how much you want to do mine? LOL

mmmm, let's say if you can send me an airplane ticket to your country, find some steacks and beer---- and absolutely make sure your avatar will be there, I can do it for free ):h):h

Last edited:
Could you have left the light in place that makes the neddle orange or if you do one you have to do them all?

That's the main question I was wondering about too.
When I put back the cluster, I was still day time and I didn't realised that the needles are not bright.
At night, it was a bit late and I didn't feel couragous enough to take the all thing out and search.
So, I don't know if one light is especially dedicated to the needles or not.

To answer the question, you can change or keep whatever bulb you want. The cluster will light on with no problem, even with a mix of leds and incandescent bulbs.

If some of you find the answer to first part, just let us know ;)

mmmm, let's say if you can send me an airplane ticket to your country, find some steacks and beer---- and absolutely make sure your avatar will be there, I can do it for free ):h):h

How about I make sure she is here and I will even pay for the beer, but you have to cover the airfare.... she is worth it, dont you think? LMAO

Back