• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leather seat cover replace

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
After all these years the leather cover on my driver seat bottom is finally needing to be replaced. Is it easy enough to replace by yourself? Where can you get a replacement cover? The whole rest of the interior is fine.

Mike,

I did my wifes '04 tahoe in a few hours...you have to take out the seat and dismantle it pretty much...

that seller above is about $30 more expensive than all the other sellers...we gt ours from a seller based in Mississippi, and the quality is excellent...now the passenger seat bottom is looking bad as well as the bolsters on the upper drivers seat back where you rub getting in and out...GM leather sucks!

The vid sure was handy. I'll probably put it off for awhile but certainly before fall it'll get done.
Thanks guys!

I just finished my drivers seat. Bought the lower from a Shop in Houston, TX and the Back part from the dealer

Tim _ is it just the picture that shows a color mismatch? The installation looks great.

Tim _ is it just the picture that shows a color mismatch? The installation looks great.
It is the picture, I took the bottom cover to the dealer and let the parts manager look at it. He was amazed that it looked like factory and was 200 bucks cheaper. The top was purchased by the dealer at cost plus 6 bucks. So they only made 6 bucks on it. My dealer really treats me very well.

Is that considered the replacement for what was called 'Charcoal' when new? If so, can you share ordering info?

My bottom is worn but not torn, there is an odd lump in the cushion though.

There is a split in the upper back near my right shoulder from me putting weight there instead on risking cracking my center jump seat lid.

I need to do all new fronts from wear and rears from stains

I'm due for a replacement set on both sides. The seats didn't look that bad until I installed new interior.

Back