• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leaking Tranny Lines

MD Welding

Reaction score
I just noticed my tranny lines are leaking with 39K miles. My plan it to take them off and bring them to my local Parker store and see if we can come up with a fix. Anyone have ideas or sugestions? I believe it has been done.

My question is about my trip to Albany tomorrow. Will I make it with leaking lines or will they blowout?

How bad are they leaking, if it's running out good I wouldn't go anywhere and if you do bring some oil. GM has updated cooler lines that were being done under warr. Call your dealer before you spend any money

It's not leaking bad but I really donn't want to take a chance. I am going to pull it off Monday and see what I can come up with. If all else fails the dealer has all the lines in stock. ( suprise) I am searching for info and tips as I type.

I did call the dealer and they said it is not a waranty issue. I even brought the service bulliten to his attention. It seems like my local dealer has gotten real bad with this kind of stuff, they used to be good. I bought my last 4 trucks off them and my parents have bought vehicles off themm for years also. I have to wonder if this is Obamamotors taking control.

Mike, it isn't going to blow out. This is typical. Look in the Allison forum for several discussions about the leakers. Probably the pressure line to the cooler. Let me tell you it's not a 1 hour job. I did post a DIY about a year ago but no pics.

Yeah I did read about it. The dealer said he did hear about a lineblowing off and the next sentance he said he can't recomend I drive with it because if it does blow then he's liable.

I just want a straight anser from them! This is my 4th truck from them and they got so bad in the last year!

I don't want to rant!

I will just fix it myself. I really HATE other people working on my stuff! Even under warentee!

mine were leaking with 38k or so and the dealer claimed they werent going to replace them under warranty either. i hounded them a little bit told them i did some research online and others were getting them covered under the power train warranty then they replaced them.

Mine were leaking too and replaced under warranty. Your dealer is filling you full of b.s. Its not gonna blow anything out but you do need to get them fixed. They dont leak enough to cause any real damage but any leak isn't good.

I fixed it last week. I bought new lines and brought them to my local parker Store and had them flare them and make new 3 piecehose assyemblies.

The removal and install went pretty good. I cut the rubber o the old ones for eaasy removal and the new ones were in 3 pieces so they went in easier than 1 piece.

I have my old lines. If anyone ever needs lines I can have these retrofitted and swap/sell them.

I will post pics and prices next week.

Back