• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leaking Tranny Lines

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Discovered today that my tranny lines are leaking. All 4 are leaking right around the band clamps. I've heard GM doesn't have a fix yet for this. Any info?

Im taking it in tomorrow to the dealer. Only 2,000 miles left on the tranny warranty..

We'll see what they say in the morning..

Going in Thursday morning for the fix. Hopefully they take care of my belt issue also..

im taking mine to the dealer friday to confirm some leaks i think i might have and also to make sure the tranny lines will be covered in the 100k warranty for the tranny cause i already passed 36k

took my truck to the dealer this morning and the lines are leaking they ordered them and they said they will call me when they come in, and they also said they are the new updated lines.

The dealer had to order my tranny lines along with a new belt for my sqeeking issue. Service writer asked me three times if my truck was at factory height, made me wonder if they was going to give me a problem about it..

Discovered today that my tranny lines are leaking. All 4 are leaking right around the band clamps. I've heard GM doesn't have a fix yet for this.

These thing are notorious for leaking during the winter months. Mine leaked when the temperatures got into the single digits. The stealer has replaced them under warranty. GM is supposed to have a new design to combat this problem. They looked the same to me :eek:hwell:. The P/N's of the three they put on are.

15826412 Hose
21998956 Hose
25807956 Pipe

These thing are notorious for leaking during the winter months. Mine leaked when the temperatures got into the single digits. The stealer has replaced them under warranty. GM is supposed to have a new design to combat this problem. They looked the same to me :eek:hwell:. The P/N's of the three they put on are.

15826412 Hose
21998956 Hose
25807956 Pipe

I believe that if they are the arctic lines, they should have an "A" after the part number.

I believe that if they are the arctic lines, they should have an "A" after the part number.

I wasn't able to pull up the P/N with an "A" after it but thats not to say it does not exist. GM would have to have some way to separate the old design from the new. My next set will not be ones from the dealer. Some one will come out with a do it yourself kit to fix another problem could not fix.

15826412 Hose
21998956 Hose
25807956 Pipe

I had an '05 LLY and never had a single issue with the trans lines leaking, winter or summer. I bought my '06 LLY on Jan. 5th, and by the 18th of the month, I was back to get 3 of the lines replaced.Hopefully I will make it thru this next winter without problem.

I wasn't able to pull up the P/N with an "A" after it but thats not to say it does not exist. GM would have to have some way to separate the old design from the new. My next set will not be ones from the dealer. Some one will come out with a do it yourself kit to fix another problem could not fix.

I believe that Mike L from Inglewood is in the process of doing that. I'm sure it will be a quality fix if it comes from him.

my freind just had his lines fixed also with the upgraded lines gm said to him that they know of this problem. i also have a gator back belt and no more sqeaking.

2 06 GMC 3500's at work had leaky lines. My 07 2500 has not yet in 21k,is it indicative to 06's only???

Back