• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Leaking lines

pgguru

Recruit
Reaction score
I am 750km from home in sherbrook quebec taking my daughter to school
And I have a small hole in my cooler line just as it exits the transmition
What line can I buy to replace this??? Is it break line??
Thanks for the help
Ps it's a 1995 4L80e

I had a ground strap(braided copper) rub a small hole in the transmission line near the starter.
I just cut the line the rest of the way through, and slipped a 6 inch piece of rubber transmission coolant line from the local NAPA on to join the ends. I used 4 hose clamps to be sure it would not leak.

We were about 3,000 miles away from home in Nova Scotia. Laying under the Sub on a piece of borrowed cardboard, a great time for my small tubing cutter to break; diagonal cutters worked.

I have done that too, make sure the two metal ends line up pretty straight or the vibration plus pressure hitting the side of the rubber line will combination eat and blow a hole in it. Done that, did not buy the tshirt, fat people look bad in tshirts! LOL

Yep, Mike, it's low-pressure, high-heat line. Use some appropriate rubber tubing, some hose clamps, and check it every so often. No problem until you can make the correct change.

Jim

I would try to just patch it but it's leaking right were it comes out of the transmission
It looks like there is an adapter and the line looks like
A break line
Thanks again for the help

I believe the end (flare) fitting is the same as brake line. In that case you could get a section from the parts store and do the hose adapt trick that was mentioned already.

I have it fixed now.
For any one that needs the information in the future the transmission lines for a 4L80E are 5/16 break lines
I googled it yesterday and could not find it so now goole will find it
Thanks for the help

Back