• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ ZF6: available from factory?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering is the LBZ was available w/ the ZF6? I know it is not available for LMM. IDK about LLY or LBZ.

Just wanting to know for future reference: means: when i have enought $ to think about that!:sifone:

NO, the ZF6 was never available on the LBZ.

2006 was the last year for the ZF6 manual transmission and it was only offered on the LLY engines. the 2006 LLY is basically the same engine as the LBZ, except with a milder factory tune. Very few 2006 LLY were built with the ZF6 transmission, so they are quite scarce.

I know of exactly 1 LBZ/ZF6 truck, not there are not others, but this one I've seen in person.

The owner had to special order it and basically sign away much of his warranty rights to get it...

Pic's of said truck please. Tell the owner if he wants to sell it you could have a buyer for it :biggrin5:

I know of exactly 1 LBZ/ZF6 truck, not there are not others, but this one I've seen in person.

The owner had to special order it and basically sign away much of his warranty rights to get it...

I don't know where he would have gotten such LBZ/ZF6 truck, because they are NOT federally certified, so it could not have come from GM. Somebody is pulling your leg. :)

Also, why would he have to sign away his warranty rights? I would think that's illegal.

Never mind. Maybe someone was pulling my leg....

What I was told I was looking at seems to contradict what I just found in a few old posts on DP...

Last edited:
Back