• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ tire wear

JD4440

EFILive impaired.
Reaction score
:auto::nopity: Just can't seem to make 'em last ! How bout you?

And I thought it was a tire thread.... I was gonna report it to the mods.

Good one.

I know the feeling, I pulled out into traffic today and had to get on it a little harder than normal and wore probably two weeks worth of tread off my tires Damn near put the truck in the ditch while I was at it (the rear end wanted to pass the front).

I carry enough weight in mine fulltime that I don't spin...:driving:

but...every now and then I see little black strips in the mirror...oops

I've been runing the BFG AT's and got 40K out of the last set which isn't too bad. No problem with uneven tread wear when I replaced them, they were just about down to the wear bars all the way across.

Now the ride, that is a different story. :frown2: Great while the tires were new, but after 10K or so, they start feeling squirrely.

I've got almost 30k on my Terra Grapplers and still have another 10-15K left on them. I am not easy on my truck by any means either.

I've got almost 30k on my Terra Grapplers and still have another 10-15K left on them. I am not easy on my truck by any means either.

I'm glad to hear that. I think they are mighty soft to the touch. I haven't liked mine since I put them on. At first they felt squirmy, now they feel a little better. I have 2k on them.

Not looking forward to hooking up the 9600LBS camper next weekend.

We'll see how they tow. Might be for sale soon.

BFG at's are wearing pretty well considering the beating they take.:ihih:

Stockers didn't last - one trip to VT towing over 8K. I got to a rest area for fuel and there was rubber all over my wells and rear quarters and had an indentation develop that ran all the way around the tire's sidewall on all four corner (not the vertical seam indents). :wtf:

GM replaced with 285 BFGs.:sifone:

Back