• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ oil pan

Odlaw

Redneck
Reaction score
I thought I read about the oil pan on these trucks somewhere on this forum but search turns up nothing.......so, while changing the oil in my d-max this weekend I noticed (again, but actually made a mental note to discuss it here) that the oil pan straddles the cross member between the lower a arms and appears that the front of the pan drops down farther/deeper than the rear of the pan(where the drain plug is).......looks like it should have a drain plug on the front portion too. What is the deal with this?

Thanks
Smitty

I noticed this too, when changing the oil. I am not sure as to why GM did this, but I counteract that by driving the front of the truck up on ramps. It gives me a better drain.

Lots of aftermarket pans have this too, I would think there's something internally that would direct the oil out. They do changes at the dealer on lifts, so it's not like they didn't expect it to be an issue.

Back