• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ Intermittent No-Crank

Flyboy207

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm back with more issues with the 07 Duramax. I've been noticing it has been resetting the clock in the factory radio, but it hasn't messed with the radio presets. Now, this didn't bother me until last night when I tried to start it and just got a slow clicking noise, a little bit slower than what a fast solenoid click sounds like. I shut the key off and messed with the batteries, moved them away from anything around them and tugged on the terminals, and what do you know, it starts right up. I didn't have any more issues like that for the rest of the night, except it did reset the clock again and seemed to crank a little slow. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

That's a pretty good indicator of a bad battery or both and/or a bad cable/connection. When were the batteries new?

What Mike said. That is exactly what happened to me. If they are the original AC Delco batteries, then you are in need of replacing both batteries. You should be good to go after that!

They are the originals from when I bought the truck last year, mismatched, one autozone and one walmart haha. I'd like to get two interstates, but they've worked so far. I took your advice this morning, and after it did its little routine i tightened up the positive lead from the driver side battery (it was the loose one) and hopefully won't have the problem again. If I do I'll try new cables/batteries. Thanks for your help guys!

disconnect both batterys overnight[ck the voltage ,in the morning ck the voltage of each battery,you will find youve probably got 1 thats sucking the life out of the other

Back