• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ engine vibration

Ill see what we have at the parts store and make a mix to see if that helps. I would think as hard as i have been running it that it would be pretty clean inside the fuel system but hey what do i know.

The only time we ever have fuel problems are in trucks or equip tha sits for more than 2-3yrs. We just fired up our back hoe that hasnt moved in 3 yrs yesterday and went straight to work, fuel quality seems pretty good in the area.

You're probably OK. The only way to tell is by a filter change. If I were you, I would get a Nicktane from Paul, and use the CAT 1R-0749 Tall Can filter. I along with many others have had great luck with that set up. I also have the OEM Nicktane setup up front as well. It does a great job of separating the water by keeping it at the bottom of the can. The CAT filter media is also very good for the price you pay for them.

Im planning on the filter set up, just trying to keep money flowing in before I pay out. I got some bioicide and silver power service and am running it now. I also got in my order of 6 new oem delco filters.

Yeah I know I'm brining this one back from the dead...

but out ive got the same symptoms with my lbz. And it wasn't noticeable until after the new cp3 and injectors and fass. Injector rates are great, no smoke (or nothing out of the ordinary for an lbz), tried stock tuning, took it to local diesel shop and they couldn't find anything to cause it. Motor mounts look good. Talked to so cal diesel about a damper and he suggested to unplug the fass as he did not feel it was the damper, it's still there with the fass unplugged.
Lim not sure if something's wrong, but I'd hate to find out on one of my long trips. I only drive it for long trips now. Just crossed 109k last month.

Any Ideas? Sorry to hijack. Let me know if I should just start a new thread.
Thanks guys.

Your fine. No need for another thread

I never found a problem. Nearing 260k after another year of hard towing. Still has a ticking sound.

source unknown

Pretty tough to diagnose something like this with a keyboard from halfway across the continent...:dunno:

Back