• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ DSP5 Installed

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I finally finished up my DSP5 install on my LBZ. Us LBZ/LMM guys have been waiting on this for a while and it's finally here!

Here are some pictures. The is the best spot that I could figure out for right now on mounting it.

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

IdahoRob's tuning, the I purchased the switched from MMLMM(Mike). I made my own DSP tunes though.

I used Rob's Race tune as my base, and used #2 for my 425RHWP tune, # 3 is Rob's Tow Tune, 4 & 5 is still empty, trying to decided what I want in there. :D

Holy hell ive been waiting for this to come out for the lbz.Last I heard they were beta testing and said it would take a while,quess somebodys been putting in work.

Jeff, put together a tune that limits MPH kinda like a valet parking mode. This way only you can be hard on it or make it real slow so if it is ever stolen they cant go fast and leave it.

Jeff, put together a tune that limits MPH kinda like a valet parking mode. This way only you can be hard on it or make it real slow so if it is ever stolen they cant go fast and leave it.

I plan on doing that for one position, very good idea Bill.

OK right after I typed that I though of something. I know yoiu can buy keyed switches, so it would be cool to get one that was SPDT and have the common coming off the ecu, and one position going to the switch, and the other through a resister that would put it in #5.

hey guys sorry to resurrect this thread, i built myself a little plowing/winter tune for the dsp. couple things i noticed, warms up really quick, has a nice torque(y) bottom end, and i made some high idle changes in the main dsp tune to maximize the high idle option. i am really going to start looking into finding a variable vain dial to try and have vain control at my finger tips. i did the tow tune to use the vvt as an engine brake and it works very well, the only thing i dont like is to get max use of it you need to close the vains down to 1200 or so rpm, which hurts on the highway. everytime you need to let off the throttle with the tcc locked it goes into turbo brake mode and slows you right down. pia when trying to cruise. anyway this would also apply to a plow tune if you lug around the weight of the plow and sand/salt ect. good on the brakes of the truck.

On LMM DSP5 set Max torque 1 vs. RPM up like this in a dsp area.
No one will be taking your truck very fast at all lol. It idles nice, but no throttle, truck will just idle around.

hey guys sorry to resurrect this thread, i built myself a little plowing/winter tune for the dsp. couple things i noticed, warms up really quick, has a nice torque(y) bottom end, and i made some high idle changes in the main dsp tune to maximize the high idle option. i am really going to start looking into finding a variable vain dial to try and have vain control at my finger tips. i did the tow tune to use the vvt as an engine brake and it works very well, the only thing i dont like is to get max use of it you need to close the vains down to 1200 or so rpm, which hurts on the highway. everytime you need to let off the throttle with the tcc locked it goes into turbo brake mode and slows you right down. pia when trying to cruise. anyway this would also apply to a plow tune if you lug around the weight of the plow and sand/salt ect. good on the brakes of the truck.

Making a vane controller is not that easy. There is one on the market. How ever, how about making 1 dsp tune the tow tune no brake, and 1 dsp tune with the brake real aggressive, then you can switch back and fourth?

mike that is a good thought, i feel stupid being i have 2 extra unused dsp. a simple thing, thanks for the idea. :)

so how much are the dsp5 switches? i have an 06 lly but it reads as an lbz so i figure i need a lbz switch. also is it any more difficult to tune with the switch. does anyone have tunes for the switch setup.

so how much are the dsp5 switches? i have an 06 lly but it reads as an lbz so i figure i need a lbz switch. also is it any more difficult to tune with the switch. does anyone have tunes for the switch setup.

Around $40 from most vendors.

If you send me your stock tune I would be willing to set it up for you and I'll give you instructions how to apply to tunes. Actually, I'm going to make a write up on that. :thumbsup:

Around $40 from most vendors.

If you send me your stock tune I would be willing to set it up for you and I'll give you instructions how to apply to tunes. Actually, I'm going to make a write up on that. :thumbsup:

Did you ever make a write up on ^^^^? I have some ppe tunes to compare the differences with stock so I can learn what to watch and data log. So far I just learned to create and run a script. I'm brand new to efi any help would be appreciated!

Brian

Did you ever make a write up on ^^^^? I have some ppe tunes to compare the differences with stock so I can learn what to watch and data log. So far I just learned to create and run a script. I'm brand new to efi any help would be appreciated!

Brian

I'm going to try to get it done tonight. Sorry it's taking so long, trying to find time to do it.

Back