• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ d-max, still impresses me...after a year and a half of owning her...

Odlaw

Redneck
Reaction score
If you read my other thread you know that I'm on vacation in the mountains of North Georgia. Trip coming up here, I-75 70mph all the way, three adults and two teenage kids, all of our gear/suitcases and a half bed of firewood - truck was absolutely stuffed - averaged 19.2 mpg. I figured once we got here and did all our site seeing up and down all these friggin winding mountain roads I was expecting 15-16 mpg - I've been averaging 18! Even though I've been up the 25% grade to Amicalola Falls at least 150 times in my life, this was the first time in a diesel - didn't even strain...and coming down that same grade the ally was just as impressive as the d-max - I never touched the brakes coming down.

Oh well, just wanted to through a few cudos to our beloved LBZ's - lol

Smitty

5 years and 92k on our 05 LLY and I'm still in love. Simple enough to work on, gets good mileage and has never needed a repair beyond maintenance. Keep good tires on it, good fuel in the tank and good fluids in the cases and she'll go forever.

160K this afternoon, had the truck for 9K miles and am happy to average 17.7mpg on DD duty: Feeding cattle, checking fields, building fence, and hauling cattle and horses around. AND IT LOOKS GOOD DOING IT!

I agree with all of the above! The Duramax engines are high quality and perform very well. They are extremely dependable and easy to work on if need be. I hope the trend continues with the newer LMM and LML engines, and beyond.

OK, made it back home. Total trip 1229 miles in 6 days divided by 62.976 gallons of fuel and that works out to 19.5 mpg - not too shabby! Had one tank on the way home, all interstate, 70 mph with one stop off looking for some food got a little over 21 mpg on that tank. The tank of fuel running around in the hills site seeing (even though early on I was averaging right at 18) that dropped a little because when it got in to the 20's at night I would crank the truck and let it idle for at least 15 minutes (think that was three mornings)before we headed out. Had a steep climb right out of the driveway at the cabin we were staying at and then several more shortly after that at highway speeds...wanted the allison warmed up some too - lol

Back