• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ built in barometric sensor question

Vetteguy62

Reaction score
My barometric pressure sensor is stuck low (around 28.1 in/hg while NOAA is saying 30.04 in/hg for my area). It doesn't vary. I know the sensor is built into the ecm and is non-serviceable (thanks GM). The truck was in a hard-hit frontal collision a while back and I'm not sure the repair shop knew what they were doing when it came to reprogramming the ecm.

My question is, is it possible a reprogram might fix the baro sensor issue? Of will I need to send the ecm off for repair?

Thanks in advance!

Have a "duh" moment. I've now understand the issue. NOAA reports barometric pressure adjusted to sea-level. The baro sensor is reading station pressure ( actuarial pressure at elevation, in my case 1519 ft above sea level.). So, when I do the the conversion, the baro should be reading 28.43. I'm guessing 28.1 is close enough so no worries about have a bad senor at this point.

Back