• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LBZ 20 MPG

big block 88

Big Block 88
Reaction score
So my dad has been driving my LBZ around since I bought it, about a month ago. He just filled it up and, did a hand calculation and the truck just turned 20 mpg. Now that will never be obtained with me driveing it but with a old man driveing it, I guess it is possible. What is everyone else getting in theres what can I expect to get when I get home. I will be runnin about a 425-450 horse tune VIA EFI. And I will be pickin on anyone at the stop light next to me.:coolgleamA:

On the highway, with the 40 or 65hp tune on the Predator, I can get 20-21mpg if I behave. Last night being a good example. Coming home from the Cup race, 85 miles, all on highway, I got 20.8 mpg on the 40hp tune and the cruise set a 67mph and only hitting the brake once or twice while getting on an on-ramp. Other than that, truck ran smooth at 67 the whole way home.

My sister LB7 though doesn't get anywhere near those numbers I think she may get like 15-17 mpg with ex cab big dooley. But it isn't unhooked long enough for you to get any real numbers on the empty fuel economy. I think I may have made a good choice in trucks then if I can go fast and get 20 mpg. Now I just want to do the titan tank conversion. For the long runs.

Well I have just got done figuring out how well my mileage is running a smaller tune and then a larger tune. Where I am working now, out on a pipeline, I am driving a minumum of 110 miles a day, some times upwards of 225 miles a day. When I started working out there, I figured I would turn the Predator down from the 85 or 120hp tune to the 40hp tow tune. With 90% of my mileage being highway (55-65mph) and little to no idleing when not driving, I was able to get 16.9-17.7mpg(the lower average was a tank that I was idleing the most, couple hot days, had the a/c on for most of the day). I ran about 11 tanks of fuel on that setting. I then wanted to see how my mileage would change, good or bad, if I bumped it up to the 85hp setting. Well all I can say is that I was very surprised, and very pleased. After the first 3-4 tanks, I have gone over 20mpg. My best is 21.6mpg. I have been getting better at being good with the throttle, not mashing on it, or at least not as much as I was before. I will keep on hand caculate my mileage and want to get a good average after another 10 tanks or so. Which might only be about a month. I'm filling up every 2-4 days. Good thing I'm getting paid for mileage and perday.

Back