• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LB7/ZF: What to get?

hickorhippy

Non-Neo-Con
Reaction score
This is going on a 2002 6 speed truck.....

I had a van Aaken box, 0-70-150. I always ran it on 70 and it never slipped the clutch and I was very very happy with it. Gave good power, good mileage. Well, the box took a dump, truck ran like it had 4 cylinders.

I called around, was told that these boxes fail a lot and it is best to get a custom ECM tune. I don't want that.

All I want is another 70 or so HP over stock, nothing insane. I was hoping that I might be able to get my hands on one of the early juice boxes, are those good? Cheap? I know they were real popular, still around?

Anyone have one for sale or a better suggestion?

You couldnt pay me to run another Edge box...

Predators are very nice, cheap and reliable programmers....Unless you're looking for change tunes on the fly capability...

Hi Nick :smile5:

I have a predator sitting in the truck......I cant stand it. I read a lot of good things about guys running them in the auto trucks, but with the ZF, the power comes in real abruptly. Even at 40 hp it was a real handful in stop and go traffic.

Tx for the info on the Edge......Ill axe it from the list.

What I really want is my old VA box back.......:sad:

I like my EFI Live a lot.The tow tune I run is about 75-100hp over stock and real smooth. I also have a real smooth tune that makes almost 600rwhp with a BD Supermax. The old VA's were fun and easy but mine gave me issues at the end. The guy I sold it to was trying to sell it a while back but it's the big one.

Usually around $750 with the DSP2 switch. That should include a tow tune. Depending on where you get it, they might include two tunes, tow and race. I would suggest either SoCal Diesel or McRat due to their tuning experience. You could also check with vendors on here to see if they would work with you.

Back