• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lb7 tune

Josh44

Reaction score
Having some serious issues with tuning. I went with gdp. I made a handful of changes to my truck and my old KW tunes were just not up for the task. After adding a 68mm charger, exergy 10mm stroker pump and a fresh set of sac injectors, the new gdp tuning makes the truck feel as soft and gutless as it did stock. To add to it, truck jumps around at idle, has a strong fuel odor, knocking injectors, check engine lights, and when you give it half throttle, the speedo starts bouncing, the abs and e brake light come on, then some sort of limp mode happens. I’ve swapped the other tunes back in to verify I didn’t have any mechanical issues, and other than not being tuned for the mods, it runs pretty good. None of the new issues. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Sounds to me like you have some other issues going on here. Normally tuning will not cause speedo problems & abs & brake light issues on an lb7. What year truck and what size tires. I had similar issues on an 05 lly where he wanted me to set the speedo for 37" tires. Anything bigger than a 34.5" tire size and the front wheel speed sensors vs vehicle speed is to great and it pisses the abs off which in turn causes the cluster to go haywire. As to your engine tuning, you need to get some logs to your tuner so they can dial in the rail valve current table 1st from the sounds of it. I know SAC nozzle tuning has proven troublesome for several tuners. Pilot tuning is EVERYTHING when it comes to making them run good with SAC nozzles.

Sounds to me like you have some other issues going on here. Normally tuning will not cause speedo problems & abs & brake light issues on an lb7. What year truck and what size tires. I had similar issues on an 05 lly where he wanted me to set the speedo for 37" tires. Anything bigger than a 34.5" tire size and the front wheel speed sensors vs vehicle speed is to great and it pisses the abs off which in turn causes the cluster to go haywire. As to your engine tuning, you need to get some logs to your tuner so they can dial in the rail valve current table 1st from the sounds of it. I know SAC nozzle tuning has proven troublesome for several tuners. Pilot tuning is EVERYTHING when it comes to making them run good with SAC nozzles.
Thanks for the reply. I have 2 ecms. One previously tuned by Korry wills. When I added the exergy pump, sacs, and 68mm charger, his tunes still ran the truck ok, but you could definitely tell it needed to be changed. I got a set of tunes from gdp, making sure every detail of the truck was given to the tuner. I’m running 305/55/20 nitto 420v tires. The tunes were put onto my other non tuned ecm. The tunes are complete garbage. I’ve never been so disappointed. Truck has long cranking time, stumbles, check engine light, hesitates at stops, anything 1/2 throttle or more results in limp mode, abs light/e-brake light/service engine light. Strong fuel odor. If you keep it below half throttle, truck is soft as can be. No power. If I swap back the Kory tuned ecm, all goes away. It’s the tunes. The Kory Willis tuned ecm is for an lbz modded pump, built trans, stock charger and stock injectors.

Thanks for the reply. I have 2 ecms. One previously tuned by Korry wills. When I added the exergy pump, sacs, and 68mm charger, his tunes still ran the truck ok, but you could definitely tell it needed to be changed. I got a set of tunes from gdp, making sure every detail of the truck was given to the tuner. I’m running 305/55/20 nitto 420v tires. The tunes were put onto my other non tuned ecm. The tunes are complete garbage. I’ve never been so disappointed. Truck has long cranking time, stumbles, check engine light, hesitates at stops, anything 1/2 throttle or more results in limp mode, abs light/e-brake light/service engine light. Strong fuel odor. If you keep it below half throttle, truck is soft as can be. No power. If I swap back the Kory tuned ecm, all goes away. It’s the tunes. The Kory Willis tuned ecm is for an lbz modded pump, built trans, stock charger and stock injectors.
Truck is a 2002 ccsb lb7

Can you send it back to gdp and have them fix it?
13 days, 32 emails and many phone calls later, truck won’t even crank. Disconnect the batteries, plug my Kory Willis tuned ecm in, and it cranks and runs. Gdp says they will email their software engineer and see what they say. Another day I have to wait.... I’m pissed beyond belief. To top it all off, the tech support punk thought the whole ordeal was funny and says this is completely normal. Funny how I’ve used Kory Willis several times before, and I’ve never spoken to him once. Give him the list of mods, get a file, done. Never once had to retune!!!

The ECM from gdp may be bad. With the speedo & abs/brake light and all the other issues, either it's a bad ecm, or a seriously corrupted flash. Not saying the tuning isn't an issue, but tuning will not cause all those issues.

The ECM from gdp may be bad. With the speedo & abs/brake light and all the other issues, either it's a bad ecm, or a seriously corrupted flash. Not saying the tuning isn't an issue, but tuning will not cause all those issues.
It’s the craziest thing. The gdp tech was remoted in while I was driving trying to get a data log. If you clear the codes while driving, the truck wakes up a bit. Keep it under 1/2 throttle, it’s perfectly fine. Get out on the highway, lights and limp

Back